Phoenix Wright: Justice for All for Nintendo DS and Wii-Ware  » Games  »
  • If you haven’t played the original Phoenix Wright game, it’s highly recommend that you do before playing the second games as they are both very much so connected to each other
  • The story was definitely the strong point of the original game, and this one does not fail to live up to the original in terms of storytelling
  • Still the songs were well done and fit the mood and feel of the game like the original did, so honestly I really don’t have any complaints in this department, other than that I believe that the music from the first game is superior, but honestly not by a whole lot
  • Which bring me to the only real problem I have with this game, it’s too difficult
  • The game is still enjoyable, don’t get me wrong, but I think the game was way too hard this time around

• by Shintai

Phoenix Wright: Justice for All is a direct sequel to the original Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. If you haven’t played the original Phoenix Wright game, it’s highly recommend that you do before playing the second games as they are both very much so connected to each other. Now to be fair it isn’t mandatory as the game does somewhat explain a little bit of what happened in the previous game, but honestly it’s not recommended to play this first, trust me when I say, play the original before you play this sequel.

The graphics in this game, compared to its predecessor, are pretty much identical. Not that, that’s a bad thing, the first game looked great and was very pleasing to the eyes, but honestly, one thing that could have been improved even a little bit could have been the animations, but still, it’s a good looking game either way. The new characters and backgrounds in this game look just as good as the first game which is a good thing. Some of the areas in this game like the channeling chamber have some really great look and design.

The story in Phoenix Wright: Justice for All takes place 1 year after the events of the first game. This time around, your main foe is Franziska von Karma, and she wants revenge. As Phoenix

Wright once again, you have to use your wits in order to battle against her in court. The story was definitely the strong point of the original game, and this one does not fail to live up to the original in terms of storytelling. The characters are just as enjoyable as they were the first time around, the new ones bring their own flavor and the events that occur are truly something to be seen.

The music in this game, while was pretty great in the first game, is still really good here, but I don’t think it’s quite as memorable. Don’t get me wrong, the tracks here are still really good, but they made it an effort to not reuse the same songs as the first game, and it comes off as hit or miss. I guess I had grown accustomed to the original songs for the areas that they played in, but it took awhile for the new songs to kind of grow on me. Still the songs were well done and fit the mood and feel of the game like the original did, so honestly I really don’t have any complaints in this department, other than that I believe that the music from the first game is superior, but honestly not by a whole lot.

Like the first game, the story ...

• and game play are pretty much intertwined with each other and accommodate each other quite well, but this game has made some changes to the game play from the original game. First of all, profiles of characters can now be used as evidence, which actually makes things a lot harder. I mean, it was a bit easier to guess what the next thing you had to present to a character during an investigation in order to progress, or what item had to present during a testimony in order to point out contradictions, but now you have nearly double the amount of possible answers to the games “logic puzzles”. Another change is, before in the first game during court trials, you had 5 exclamation points signifying 5 chances before you lost the case and this was refilled after you left the court room to investigate some more the next day, or when the case was over. This time around, the exclamation points have been replaced with a health bar. Depending on how important or severe the answer was, will determine how much of your health that you lost, and sometimes you could have just one chance, and your entire bar would be wiped and it was game over. This health bar didn’t even regenerate after a court trial! Now before I get
        into explaining how it does regenerate, I have to go into the last feature added to the game, which are the psyche-locks. When Phoenix is investigating, there’s a chance you’ll find a character that is lying to you, or is simply withholding information. When this happen, chains and locks will appear signifying how many secrets this character is holding from you. When you present certain evidence to this character, their locks will break until you’ve uncovered their secrets. When you accomplish this, you will refill half of your health bar, and that is how you regenerate your health in this game. Which bring me to the only real problem I have with this game, it’s too difficult. The first game, most of the time I figured stuff out on my own, but in this game; I was forced to consult a guide because it was just too difficult at times. The game is still enjoyable, don’t get me wrong, but I think the game was way too hard this time around.

Overall, I really loved this game, but not quite as much as the original because of the difficulty. Still, I have to give this game a 9 out of a 10 because it’s still a great game and if you loved the first game, then this is a no brainer, get it right now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2812041056680630/k2311a0412/4.12.10