NCIS: Jurisdiction Season 7, Episode 18  » TV  »
  • I believe she's a little too young for Gibbs but she might be a good match for Tony
  • I know that Borin was supposed to be a lot like Gibbs, however, I did not know that everyone else would start sounding like Tony in this episode, although I enjoyed it and had a good laugh

• by sofcthy

“Jurisdiction” is one of the better episodes of Season 7. Diane Neal of “Law And Order SVU” played Abigail Borin, a CGIS agent who was very much like Gibbs. Yes, she does the infamous ‘Gibbs slap’. Yes, she does not believe in coincidences. Yes, she listens to her gut.

NCIS and CGIS work together well in this episode and it would be nice to see Diane Neal come back. I believe she’s a little too young for Gibbs but she might be a good match for Tony. Hmmm. Maybe.

I really enjoyed this episode. The case was not hard to figure out, at least not for most of us NCIS fans. This is unusual for NCIS but has been happening more and more this season. The interaction between the team, Borin and her agent was really good, though.

Is it my imagination or has people on the team been spending too much time with Tony? I

know that Borin was supposed to be a lot like Gibbs, however, I did not know that everyone else would start sounding like Tony in this episode, although I enjoyed it and had a good laugh.

When McGee is interviewing the pretty, blonde woman who was engaged to the dead man you could see moments of Tony rubbing off on him. Girl: Oh, my God! I can’t believe he’s dead. McGee: What was your relationship with the deceased? Girl: You mean he’s deceased, too? McGee gives her a look before going on: How did you…how did you know Lt. Janson? Girl: We dated on and off for the past six months. He was a fun guy. He just didn’t have much…(makes gesture with fingers and laughs) McGee: Money. Girl: I was runner up Miss Biloxi accustomed to a certain lifestyle. McGee: (sarcastically) Yeah, I bet ...

• you are.

While I understand that McGee, who sits next to and works with Tony everday, might let Tony rub off on him, I am happily pleased to see Palmer showing some ‘Tony’ moments himself. Ducky and Gibbs are discussing having to get dental records to id the body. Gibbs: Cause of death? Palmer: Being shanked by a screwdriver didn’t help. (sees Gibbs giving him the look he usually gives DiNozzo) I’m sorry. Gibbs just smiles. Yes, Gibbs, you are getting another copycat Tony DiNozzo on your team.

Speaking of Tony, I loved the scene between him and Gibbs when they go to the dead man’s house. First, they have a lively conversation about Gibbs’ house and then Gibbs notices the door is slightly ajar. They enter the house and begin checking it out. Tony thinks it is clear and yells out to him, “Clear, Boss!” before he realizes that he has

missed the kitchen (what’s up with that, Tony?) and someone has a gun in his back. “Well, maybe not totally clear.”

Tony does not seem the least bit worried about having a gun jammed into his back but that is probably because he knows that Gibbs will watch his six, which Gibbs does. Even when Borin’s agent gets the drop on him (Come on, guys!), Gibbs’ eyes never leave Borin or the gun she is holding on Tony. He does not seem as worried about the gun pointed at him as the one pointed at his agent. Now that’s a great boss and one you would want to have watching your back.

Even though the case was a little lame, I still enjoyed the episode very much and as I said, would love to see Borin re-appear in a later episode or next year. But this time, I hope she doesn’t get the drop on our guys - that really bugged me!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1011041056290930/k2311a0411/4.11.10