Mama Zen  » Business  »
5138 NE 23rd Avenue, Portland, OR
  • I like this place because it is clean and I feel comfortable bringing my children here
  • I recommend this place to everyone, the yoga is fantastic, and the extra activities which change all the time for kids are lots of fun
  • I love this system because I know when I show up there will be a spot for me

• by mamajess

Mama Zen is a cute little mom run organization in NE Portland. It is mostly a yoga studio but they are also trying to become a little community of their own by making it a gathering place for moms and children. Both owners have preschool aged kids and so this place is mostly geared around young children around their ages.

What is wonderful and different about this place versus other places is that they offer yoga for adults and childcare for your children while you go to yoga. They also offer yoga classes for children and sign language classes for children in addition to

fun activities like puppets with a well known puppeteer in the area and a spanish class.

I like this place because it is clean and I feel comfortable bringing my children here. When I used to do yoga other places I had to find childcare.

When I went and did yoga at my regular gym instead of at a studio, it was a lot more crowded and the day care for kids filled up quickly so I needed to get their a half an hour early if I wanted childcare and it was dirty and did not have enough toys. This place is really ...

• great, I like everyone that works there, they have great energy and they are all well put together.

You won’t feel weird having your kids play here at all and the yoga instructors are wonderful. I recommend this place to everyone, the yoga is fantastic, and the extra activities which change all the time for kids are lots of fun.

This is located in the lively Alberta neighborhood. If you plan on going and bringing your children you need to call in advance.

I love this system because I know when I show up there will be a spot for me.

If you don’t call 24 hours in advance you may not be able to get care.

They keep it from getting crowded this way. There are only 10 childcare spots so they can really watch your kids instead of just dumping them in front of the tv like other places do.

When my kids went to the gym day care there were 30 kids in there and they never knew the kid’s names, they actually put numbers on them to keep track. Here they get to know your kids and they have a low turnover rate so your kids are comfortable going and not scared like with some of the big gyms.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4110041055760330/k2311a0410/4.10.10