Planet Fitness in Leominster MA  » Health  »
1.5
975 Merriam Ave. Leominster MA 01453
  • This place wasn’t open twenty four hours like a lot of Planet Fitness’s and I though that the best time to go at would be in the afternoons but I was wrong
  • I believe that I was given a great deal and I usually ended up paying around thirty dollars for a session with the trainer at this location during the time I went there
  • If you actually like to workout and be in and out than I would avoid this place but if you like waiting for machines and hardly getting on a treadmill and really packed gyms than by all means go and feel free to pay this place a visit

• by thereviewerat1

The planet fitness in Leominster is a pretty crappy gym to go to and there are many better ones in the general area that I could have gone to. This gym really needs a pretty good facelift to make it a whole lot better. First off this Planet fitness is way too small for being in such a big city. There really is not a whole lot of space in this Planet Fitness but I will say this, the place is well cleaned and the locker room was pretty big for being such as small place. I also didn’t like the fact that there were no showers at this gym and this sucked at times. At least there was plenty of parking because the lot was huge.

I will say this though, the equipment that they had at

this gym were good quality and well taken care of and even the treadmills and other cardio equipment they had here were in good shape and always worked the way they were supposed to work. When it came to the amount of free weights and weight machines and benches this place lagged way behind and they should have had more workout stuff in there. There was seriously not enough machines for this place. They had plenty of treadmills as far as cardio machines go but they had a very limited selection on other cardio machines. All of the cardio machines were put on the side of the wall right behind where some of the workout machines were and this made it uncomfortable using some of the weighted machines.

This place wasn’t open twenty four hours like a lot ...

• of Planet Fitness’s and I though that the best time to go at would be in the afternoons but I was wrong. This gym was always packed from morning to night and this got me so annoyed because I had to wait for machines and this would really slow down my workout. Sometimes this place would be way too busy for my liking that I would end up walking in the door and immediately walking out, which is how disgustingly busy this place was. I also didn’t like this place because so many people would just talk and hog the machines and getting a treadmill was a mission to do.

The staff was always friendly and the personal trainer at the time I was going there was very nice, helpful and very patient and the rates were not

that bad at all. I believe that I was given a great deal and I usually ended up paying around thirty dollars for a session with the trainer at this location during the time I went there. The membership fee was only ten bucks a month so that wasn’t bad and didn’t dent up my wallet. This place didn’t have cool classes too take though and that was a drag down.

I stopped going to this gym because of how busy it was and the limited equipment that they had. If you actually like to workout and be in and out than I would avoid this place but if you like waiting for machines and hardly getting on a treadmill and really packed gyms than by all means go and feel free to pay this place a visit.

Otis says :

I tend to agree regarding the Leominster Planet Fitness. Signed up for a membership, and after a year stopped going. Too many people there, waiting to use machines, and on many occasions, people just sitting at a machine playing with their smart phone or IPOD, not doing any exercising. There are competing gyms in the area that have 10 times the space a machines to use, and their memberships are only 15 month. Now, the issue of cancelling the membership is another problem, akin to having a root canal done w out sedation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3410041055540330/k2311a0410/4.10.10