World Market Ajara Foyer Table  » Furniture  »
  • I enjoy Cost Plus World Market, or World Market as they seem to like to be known now for many of their accessories and food items
  • I love their furniture too, but I usually have to satisfy myself to window shop because my house is very small and I don’t really have room for more furniture
  • One, evening at World Market I decided to see if I could find anything that might fit the bill
  • The top part came already assembled, which I thought was genius
  • The only other thing I can say is that for 189 dollars, I consider it to be a steal

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I enjoy Cost Plus World Market, or World Market as they seem to like to be known now for many of their accessories and food items. I love their furniture too, but I usually have to satisfy myself to window shop because my house is very small and I don’t really have room for more furniture. One essential piece of furniture that I have done without since moving into my home is a foyer table. I was holding off to find the perfect one, as my foyer is small.

All I did have in there was a candle sconce. I had gotten a deal on an antique early 1900’s desk hutch that once had a mirror. So, between finding a foyer table the right size and style and color as a base for this hutch and finding a table narrow enough for my tiny foyer I had my work cut out for me.

One,

evening at World Market I decided to see if I could find anything that might fit the bill. I looked at several different options including end tables before I came across this one. In the store, it just seemed like a nice dark wood table with a simple design.

It was only eleven inches deep, which was perfect, and one of the only ones that had both a small drawer and a lower shelf, which I really had my heart set on. I still wasn’t sure it would work, but when I saw another lady had her eyes on it, I immediately asked for one of the staff to check and see how many they had. Luckily they had one in a box for me.

The box was small enough to fit in the back of my compact car, and not so heavy that I couldn’t manage to get in up my step and ...

• in the door. That was important to me at a time when I couldn’t count on the help of someone stronger than me to transport it. My first happy surprise was how little assembly was required.

All I had to do was attach the legs and bottom drawer with four pairs of bolts. The top part came already assembled, which I thought was genius. I ordered pizza when I got home.

By the time the pizza arrived, I had a foyer table and had already placed the hutch on top. My second happy surprise was just how well it matched with my one hundred year old hutch. When I got it home I noticed the table is not just dark brown but a variation of different medium and dark browns that I found convincingly simulate the look of old wood.

I think it would blend in well with most dark woods, such as walnut,

ash or even teak. Anyway, it was just a perfect match. I found out later that this table was deliberately designed to look like an antique craftsman style table.

If only they knew what a good job they did!

The only other thing I can say is that for 189 dollars, I consider it to be a steal. Really, this table is sturdy, looks substantial and feels like quality. The little drawer at the front always opens easily with no waxing needed and the subtle craftsman like hammered drawer pull is a nice subtle touch too.

Also, the bottom drawer can hold lots of objects and appears solid and sturdy as well. This is an all around fine piece of furniture, and something I would’ve expected to pay antique store prices for if I had not been lucky enough to find it at an import store.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5710041055250230/k2311a0410/4.10.10