1999 Nissan Quest GXE Mini-Van
  • I had never been involved in an accident this severe before so I knew it would be a learning experience
  • I learned that my auto insurance would be giving me a payment for my totaled vehicle
  • I decided I wanted a larger and more sturdy vehicle than what I had when I was in the accident
  • I was very impressed with this vehicle as it felt very sturdy and strong

• by luv2rite

This was the first vehicle I purchased on my own since I had been divorced. It was also the first brand new vehicle I purchased right off the show room floor.

My children and I were involved in a terrible auto accident in September of 1998. The accident was not my fault as it was a 17 year old girl who made a horrible driving error and caused the accident. The vehicle I had at the time was completely totaled. I was told I would need to purchase a new vehicle. I was concerned with how I would buy a new vehicle since I had no money saved to make a purchase this large. I had never been involved in an accident this severe before so I knew it would be a learning experience.

Once my children and I were all home from being in the hospitals intensive care unit, learned

how to walk again and were out of wheelchairs, I was faced with looking for a new vehicle. I learned that my auto insurance would be giving me a payment for my totaled vehicle. I received almost enough to be able to buy a new car. I had a little in savings to put with the insurance payment so off I went to look at cars.

I decided I wanted a larger and more sturdy vehicle than what I had when I was in the accident. I had a Geo Metro before and decided I wanted a mini-van since I felt this would be a good choice for the kids and I. I went to all the different car dealers to look at the mini-vans each of them produced. I tested out and looked at the Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler min-vans. I was not happy with how many of the ...

• mini-vans felt when driving them. They all felt cheaply put together. They had a very plastic feel to them. The mini-vans felt like they were made from the lowest quality of parts. I then decided to look at the Nissan Quest mini-van. I was very impressed with this vehicle as it felt very sturdy and strong. You could really tell a difference compared to the other min-vans I looked at. I decided to purchase the Nissan Quest GXE. I purchased a light silver one.

I have never been so pleased with a vehicle as I have been with this Nissan. I have never regretted my decision. This month the odometer turned 100,000 miles. I have always paid attention to when the routine maintenance was due to be done on the vehicle. Since purchasing it, I have had the oil changed every 3 to 4 months. I have never experienced any

major mechanical problems with the mini-van. It has been of the most reliable vehicles I have owned to date. I was drawn to this mini-van for many reasons with a few being the dual air bags, the well constructed seat belts,and how strong the metal seems that the hood and entire vehicle is made of. I have driven the Nissan out-of-state to places such as Seattle and California and never experienced any problems with it mechanically. Even at 100,000 miles and it being over 10 years old, the van runs just as strong and just as well as it did when I first drove it off of the lot. This in itself says a lot about the way Nissan designs and makes their vehicles. I am sold on Nissan and see myself only buying Nissan in the future. I feel this way because of the excellent experience I have had with the Nissan Quest.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 910041055120230/k2311a0410/4.10.10