Amana Electric Clothes Dryer - Model #NDE8805AY
  • I bought the dryer from Sears through their on-line catalog
  • I also noticed the time to fully dry an average load of clothes was not as long as it usually took to dry with my past dryers
  • I would highly recommend this clothes dryer to anyone interested in Amana products

• by luv2rite

I wanted to do a review on an electric clothes dryer I owner for 7 years. I replaced this dryer with another one about 3 years ago now. I feel my review could very well benefit someone who is considering buying an Amana clothes dryer or this particular model.

I bought the dryer from Sears through their on-line catalog. I had looked at this dryer before I purchased it at Lowe’s so I was aware of how it looked and performed.

I felt the dryer was a bit over-priced, however decided on this one because of not liking one as well as I did this one. Mind you I had looked at a number of different dryers and I always came back to this one. The dryer appeared to me to be better constructed than the others I looked at. The door on the dryer felt more strong and sturdy when

opening and closing it than the other dryers felt. The options on the Amana were one’s I knew I would use a great deal of the time and there were many to chose from. I also read a few reviews about this particular model and they were all positive. This also impacted my decision to purchase the dryer. I had a choice of getting a gas or electric dryer and decided on electric, simply because of my home not being equipped to handle gas.

I was particularly pleased with how well the machine dried large loads of clothes, especially blankets. I also liked that the dryer could hold a good size bed comforter. With the past dryers I have owned, I always had difficulty when drying bed comforters. I always had to stop the dryer and move the comforter around so it would dry fully. I had to do this a ...

• number of times before the comforter would be completely dried. With the Amana, I did not need to do this as the drum was large enough to handle the job and the holes inside the dryer which emit the hot air, were plentiful enough and were positioned just right to distribute the heat well. I also noticed the time to fully dry an average load of clothes was not as long as it usually took to dry with my past dryers. Many times with the other dryers I have owned, my clothes would be quite wrinkled after they were dried. I noticed my clothes did not require as much ironing with the Amana. I feel this had to do with the good construction of the dryer as well as the different drying options on the machine. I noticed the dryer was better than I was used to with gathering the
        lint into the the lint screen. Being that I have 2 dachshunds and they tend to shed quite a bit, this pleased me greatly. I never had a need to call for repairs of any kind during the time I owned the dryer. With past dryers I always had to have something repaired at least once during the time I had them. This also impressed me. I also enjoyed how quiet the dryer was. My machines are in a small laundry area where the door can be closed. I could not tell if the dryer was on or off since it could not be heard. This was very important to me, to have a quiet dryer and the Amana fit this request. I was very happy with this dryer. I can not think of anything that I was not satisfied with. I would highly recommend this clothes dryer to anyone interested in Amana products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5310041055110230/k2311a0410/4.10.10