Marie Callender’s Sweet & Sour Chicken Frozen Meal
  • I am very particular about sweet & sour chicken and consider myself to be quite picky when it comes to whether or not I will like it
  • I like the fact they know exactly how much sauce to add to the chicken

• by luv2rite

I first became aware of Marie Callender’s sweet & sour chicken in the frozen section about 3 years ago. I am very particular about sweet & sour chicken and consider myself to be quite picky when it comes to whether or not I will like it. From the first one I purchased I was hooked.

The sweet & sour sauce is absolutely perfect. It’s not too sweet or too sour.

Its just right. The consistency

of the sauce is perfect.

I like the fact they know exactly how much sauce to add to the chicken. The meal also includes white rice.

The rice is in the same section as the chicken. The rice is not drenched in the sauce.

Instead it is placed in an area where you can put as much of the sauce on it as you like. The meal also comes with a broccoli and carrot mix.

...

• The vegetables are cooked just long enough where they are still firm but not too hard to where you can not eat them. With many frozen meals I have found they do not keep in the freezer for a long period of time without becoming frost bit.

Marie Callender’s meals are not prone to becoming frost bit. Nothing makes me more irritated than to open a meal and it is frost bit.

I have never

experienced this with Marie Callender’s. I have always been pleased with the quality of chicken in this meal.

I have never had a piece of chicken that I couldn’t eat due to it being fatty. The chicken is pure white breast meat.

I eat one of these at least a couple times of week and have done so for the last 3 years. Each one has been very good and I have never been unhappy to date.

kathy says :

I have been eating Marie Callender`s Sweet Sour Chicken Frozen Meal for a long time now. I would brag about it to people and tell them how good it was. Recently something has changed in the quality of the chicken. It`s nasty. Please change it back, that was a huge mistake. Now I have to find something diffrent to eat for dinner at work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710041055060230/k2311a0410/4.10.10