Jeannie’s Grooming in Gilbert, AZ.  » Pets  »
1111 North Gilbert Road, Gilbert, AZ Tel. # 480-545-7707
  • Another common problem with groomers and poodles is cutting the dog with the clippers
  • I would recommend Jeannie's to anyone I know for grooming needs, especially to anyone who owns poodles

• by luv2rite

I took my 2 standard poodles to Jeannie’s Grooming for a total of 5 years. I could not of been more satisfied with a groomer than I was with the groomers at Jeannie’s. Anyone who has owned a poodle knows very well how important it is for the groomers to know exactly how to groom them. It can be a real mess if the poodle is not groomed correctly, especially if the poodle is in dog shows. I have had groomers in the past that were not able or were not aware of proper grooming techniques with poodles. It takes a month or two for the dogs coat to grow out from having been groomed inappropriately. If the

groomer took an excessive amount of hair off then the time for the coat to grow out can be even longer. A poodle simply does not look good if it has not been groomed right. This can be catastrophic when showing the dog since the dog can’t be in the show when its been groomed wrong. Another common problem with groomers and poodles is cutting the dog with the clippers. This is common when doing poodles feet. Not only is this painful for the dog but again, its difficult to show the dog in a show when there feet have these type of wounds. It usually means the feet have had too much hair removed when they receive ...

• the nicks from the clippers. This is another area which must be done properly in order to show the dog.

The groomers at Jeannie’s always groomed the poodles in an excellent manner. They usually exceeded my expectations and this says a lot since the expectations are set quite high because of showing the poodles. I was very pleased with the turn around time from the point of dropping the poodles off to the time I picked them up. I dropped them off in the early morning hours and they were finished before noon. This is incredible to finish poodles in this amount of time. The groomers were also very nice to work with. All of them had pleasant personalities.

Many groomers can become quite defensive when instructing them on how the poodles need to be groomed. The groomers at Jeannie’s always welcomed my input and did exactly how I instructed. This is difficult to find in groomers and was very helpful to me. The dogs never acted hesitant when I dropped them off which was a big indicator that they were not mistreated. Many times when I picked them up they were out of the cages and were roaming around the shop. I really liked this about Jeannie’s. Their work is perfect and I have never found any groomers as good as Jeannie’s.

I would recommend Jeannie’s to anyone I know for grooming needs, especially to anyone who owns poodles.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2910041055050230/k2311a0410/4.10.10