Portland Center Stage, The Armory Theater  » Theatre  »
128 NW Eleventh Ave, Portland, OR
  • The main reason I love this theater is for its location
  • I have only seen three plays here but I was very happy with the experience

• by mamajess

The main reason I love this theater is for its location. For years this was an abandoned armory, on the historical registry but empty. Finally someone who I cannot name not out of secrecy but out of ignorance bought this location and restored it.

This place was under construction for years but they managed to keep the outside looking as it always did. This place is located in what was once the

brewery blocks and is one of the few places that looks the same on the outside as it did 10 years ago let alone 20 years ago.

This whole neighborhood has no parking so it is no surprise this place has no parking garage of its own either. There is pay to park parking until 6 but it is very hard to come by and there are a handful of parking garages where ...

• you can pay to park.

When we go to this theater we always pay to park. You have a few garages to choose from within a 5 block radius and you won’t pay more than $15 a night.

It is a very safe neighborhood to walk in and the theater is near a handful of restaurants including PF Changs if you want to arrive early. This theater is pretty small but

well kept.

You can easily buy tickets online and seating here is a breeze. I have only seen three plays here but I was very happy with the experience.

None of the seats are obstructed, they all have a great view of the stage. The lobby is easy to access and I did not have to wait in line for any of my shows.

This is now my first choice of theaters in the area.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3210041054890230/k2311a0410/4.10.10