Alexander Sling Comfort Lounger
  • We paid around $65 for each chair and I think they were worth the money

• by mariekay

These chairs have been a favorite of ours for years. My husband and I each have one and they are the perfect chair for lounging in. During the summer, we spend a lot of time outside and by the pool, and we get a lot of use out of these chairs. You can put them in the upright position and sit in them as regular chair, plus the are adjustable so they recline to a position that lowers your back and elevates your feet. This a a really comfortable position, especially for laying out in the sun or even napping. There are plastic handles on the sides under the arm rests that allow you to lock the chair into the position you want. I have found that

they don’t completely lock into place, but they stay pretty well where you put them.

The chairs have a removable pillow that is a nice feature because when you are sitting upright it’s nice to not have the pillow behind your head, but when you are reclined, the pillow is comfortable to have. The chairs also have a metal bar on the bottom that you can rest your feet on. I would love it if the bar had some sort of padding on it, but overall it’s okay.

These chairs are heavy-duty and sturdy, but they are not easy to move around because of that. They do fold up, but they are so heavy that they aren’t exactly portable. I have taken my chair to the beach, but I regretted in ...

• because it was quite tiresome lugging the heavy chair through the sand. These chairs are designed to set on you deck or patio and then leave them be.

We have had our chairs for 3 years, and they have held up pretty well. We paid around $65 for each chair and I think they were worth the money. The only thing that is starting to fall apart are the strips on the arm rests. They are coming unglued and are just about to fall off. But the material of the chairs doesn’t have any rips or tears, and they both still function properly. We plan to purchase two more chairs so we can have extra when friends come over. These are the chairs that everyone wants to

sit in. We also bring them camping and they are nice for sitting around the campfire at night. The chairs are large enough to accommodate tall people, which is a nice feature for my husband and me since we are both tall.

The chairs we bought were a tannish beige color, and matched the rest of our patio decor. They take up quite a bit of room, especially when they are reclined, but if the patio gets crowded, we move them into the grass and they work great there too. These chairs are a great buy for the money and they have lasted longer than many other chairs that we’ve purchased, especially impressive since we have gotten so much use out of them. Highly recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5710041054850130/k2311a0410/4.10.10