John Adams: Independence TV Show  » TV  »
  • The second big moment is Adams getting the Congress to agree to the forming of a committee to write a declaration
  • I'm not sure I like the casting of Paul Giamatti as John Adams
  • I also have another problem watching this mini-series
  • I will say, though, that I was impressed with the reading of the Declaration of Independence and how it was interspersed among those in Philadelphia and Abigail and the kids on the farm

• by Orrymain

Independence was episode 2 or 7 for the HBO mini-series, John Adams, which aired in March 2008. It has a grizzly beginning and that’s the type of thing I’m not fond of. Things heat up in Congress, though, was John Adams now participates in. This is when we see the John Adams who is so often described as being obnoxious, abrasive, and disliked.

The first big event is

the King of England’s proclamation that the Congress is treason-worthy. This brings on lines we’ve all heard so often about the men of Congress all hanging together. The second big moment is Adams getting the Congress to agree to the forming of a committee to write a declaration. That’s historic.

There are some very dramatic home life scenes with Abigail Adams and the kids. They get your ...

• heart pounding, and at other times, make your heart break.

I’m not sure I like the casting of Paul Giamatti as John Adams. He’s okay, but he lacks something I can’t quite put my finger on. It’s almost a baby face quality that turns me away from the character, though that’s not really right, either. I still think Laura Linney as Abigail is a much stronger player.

I also

have another problem watching this mini-series. I keep hearing and seeing the musical, 1776, in my mind. I want William Daniels as Adams. The mini-series isn’t strong enough as yet to really grab me. I will say, though, that I was impressed with the reading of the Declaration of Independence and how it was interspersed among those in Philadelphia and Abigail and the kids on the farm.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1010041054680130/k2311a0410/4.10.10