Chicago on Broadway  » Theatre  »
1.0
  • I think that what makes a great broadway show is wear you are sitting
  • I went to see the Broadway Show Chicago and although I thought it was going to be a really great experience, it really wasn't
  • I'm sure they were wearing some heavy duty make-up but honestly, it doesn't help any when you're sitting so far away so I found it hard to enjoy it
  • But when I got there, I was really disappointed
  • If you plan to go see Chicago , I wouldn't recommend it but if you do go, make sure that you at least buy a ticket closer to the front and definitely not in the balcony

• by forevergrateful12

I think that what makes a great broadway show is wear you are sitting. I went to see the Broadway Show “Chicago” and although I thought it was going to be a really great experience, it really wasn’t. I was sitting all the way in the back on the balcony and I could barely see the actors on stage. I’m sure they were wearing some heavy duty make-up but honestly, it doesn’t help any when you’re sitting so far away so I found it hard to enjoy it.

“Chicago” really does tell a great story. I went to see the broadway show with my school during high school so they told us a lot about

what the show was about and I was really excited to go to New York City to see it. But when I got there, I was really disappointed. There was this one actress who I just couldn’t stand. She had this really high-pitched voice and every time she spoke, it sounded like she was screaming. You would figure that since I was so far away, it wouldn’t be as extreme, but it really was. It was terrible. I feel really bad for the people who were all the way in the front and had to hear that voice at a more extreme level.

There really weren’t that many great actors and actresses in this broadway ...

• show. If I had to say who were the better actors, I would have to say that the men were much better than the women were. They seemed to be more serious about what they were doing and were more into their characters than the women were. The women actually seemed a bit over dramatic. And when actresses are this way, it makes it seem fake and almost irriating. That’s about how I felt every time one of the females spoke or sang. I don’t know if that was the intended purpose, but that’s how it was. It definitely was not very pleasant.

If you plan to go see “Chicago”, I wouldn’t recommend it but

if you do go, make sure that you at least buy a ticket closer to the front and definitely not in the balcony. The tickets are pretty expensive and I honestly don’t think it’s worth that price to go watch it unless they change the actresses, but it’s better than watching it from such a far away distance. I do believe that it tells an important and motivating story, it just doesn’t convey it as deeply as I would expect from a professional broadway show. Just to get a discount on the tickets or something because I really don’t believe they are worth the hundreds of dollars that they are priced on right now.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3210041054470130/k2311a0410/4.10.10