Walmart Mid-Back Fabric Office / Task Chair
  • I found the Mid-Back Fabric Office / Task Chair at Walmart for around $50, and I purchased it
  • I don't care to sit in it for long periods of time because I prefer to have arm rests on my chair
  • One thing I don't like about the chair is that it's difficult to remove spills from the fabric
  • I would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive office chair

• by mariekay

We recently added a second desk and computer to our home office so that more than one person in the family could be working at the same time. We needed to find another office chair as well. I was looking for something that was inexpensive since I didn’t want to invest a lot of money into something that would be used only once in a while. I found the Mid-Back Fabric Office / Task Chair at Walmart for around $50, and I purchased it. The color was a light grayish blue, so it matched the decor of the office. They had a chair on display it the store, so I sat in it and it seemed pretty comfortable. It is adjustable in height, so my husband or son

can both fit on it. The chair has a slight cushion to it and is covered with fabric. The chair is really basic, and there are no arms.

It was easy to put together, and I assembled it in under 10 minutes. It didn’t roll all that great, even though it is on wheels. The carpet in our office isn’t too thick, but I ended up getting a plastic runner to put under the chair so it would roll better. Once I did that, the wheels works fine and it rolled easily. It works better on a hard surface than on any sort of carpet.

The chair is comfortable for short periods of time. My son sits in it to use the computer, and he likes it. I don’t ...

• care to sit in it for long periods of time because I prefer to have arm rests on my chair. The chair does recline in case you need to stretch your back. It’s a little on the small side for my husband, but he still fits in it and he is under the weight limit. He still prefers my chair with arm rests, though.

The chair is sturdy overall, sometime if you lean back too far, it feels a little loose, but we mostly use it for sitting still. You can swivel in it from side to side also, and it doesn’t squeak or crack and it glides easily.

One thing I don’t like about the chair is that it’s difficult to remove spills from the fabric. MY son spilled a

drink on the seat and I had a hard time getting the stain out. The fabric is kind of speckled, so that does help to hid the stain a bit, but I couldn’t remove it totally with soap or stain remover. The stain seemed to soak right into the cushion, so the fabric is obviously not stain resistant. Then again, for the price, I wouldn’t expect that anyway.

Overall I would say this chair is a good basic office chair and it serves its purpose. If you spend long periods of time in your chair, this one probably isn’t for you. But for and extra or supplemental chair, it’s a good value with the low price. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive office chair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 579041053670330/k2311a049/4.9.10