Oster Classic Beehive Blender  » Housewares  »
  • This is explained in the directions, so I would recommend reading them before you use the blender
  • I know all blenders are noisy, but this is the loudest one I have ever heard

• by mariekay

Our family uses the blender only occasionally for smoothies and milkshakes. Usually we get out the blender in the summer for these treats. Our old blender had fallen apart, so we were shopping for a new one and didn’t want to buy anything too expensive. We didn’t need anything deluxe since we don’t use it too much. We found the Oster Classic Beehive Blender for around $60, and purchased it. I liked that it had a simple design and was attractive in stainless steel. It had a 6 cup glass cup, which is rather small, but it was still appropriate for what we would use it for.

When I got the blender home, I realized that it only had one speed. Basically it was

on or off. This worried me a little, but I soon found out that one speed was really all I needed. I was able to make smoothies and milkshakes easily. The blender did a great job of finely chopping the ice and giving my drinks a smooth texture. There was never any ice chunks leftover, they were all chopped. One thing I did learn though, is that when you are making a drink with ice, you need to put the liquid in first and then the ice, otherwise the ice won’t chop correctly. It needs the liquid to pull down the ice into the blades in order to chop it. This is explained in the directions, so I would recommend reading them before you ...

• use the blender.

One thing I had to get used to was that the lid was made of a hard plastic rather than rubber like my old blender. With the rubber lids, I could feel that tight seal when the lid was on, but with the plastic lid, it kept feeling like it was going to come off of leak. The lid and base just didn’t feel sturdy, although I haven’t had any problems with them so far.

All the parts of the unit come apart for cleaning. The glass cup part is dishwasher safe, but the other parts I wash by hand with soap and water. The blender is easy to take apart and reassemble.

One complaint I have about the blender is that it is extremely loud. I

know all blenders are noisy, but this is the loudest one I have ever heard. It actually hurts my ears when I use it and now I need to put earplugs in when I’m going to use the blender for anything. I also tell everyone else to leave the room before I turn it on, it’s really that loud. If you can get past the noise, it’s a great blender.

Overall I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a blender that will crush ice and make great drinks, smoothies, and milkshakes. It’s reasonably priced, not the most expensive and not the cheapest. I feel that you get what you pay for with this blender and it’s a good value overall.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 539041053650330/k2311a049/4.9.10