Flexible Flyer Big Adventure Metal Swing Set
  • I like that the slide has tall sides to prevent a child from falling off
  • I would recommend this swing set to anyone who is looking for a play set for the kids that is a good value, safe, attractive, and fun

• by mariekay

We purchased the Flexible Flyer Big Adventure Metal Swing Set a couple years ago for my son and his friends. Since then I have started doing child care at my home, so the swing set has come in handy for the kids to use during the summer months. There were so many swing sets to choose from, and we didn’t want anything expensive, so we found this one for around $230 and decided it would work for what we wanted The swing set is metal, but the swings and slide are made of hard plastic. I liked it because it had more than just a couple swings and a slide like traditional swing sets.

This one has 2 regular swings, a stand-up swing, a teeter-totter/see-saw, a

glider that fits two kids, hanging rings, and a slide. The swing set keeps all the kids busy as there is something for each of them to do. The neighbor kid also like to come over and play on the swing set. The colors of the swing set are attractive in the backyard, deep green and tan colored. I am glad we decided on metal and plastic verses wood, because wood would have been too much upkeep over the years. This one has held up fine for the past two years with very little maintenance. All i need to do is wipe it down once in a while and it still looks like new.

One thing I didn’t like about this swing set is ...

• that it was a nightmare to put together and assemble. The directions were not clear at all, and none of the parts were labeled. Also, the parts they showed in the pictures looked totally different that the actual parts that were needed, making it very confusing. Also nothing seemed to line up right. It took about 4 hours and 2 people to put the set together and we both ended up very tired an frustrated. I would suggest laying every single piece out ahead of time and finding the corresponding picture in the directions so you know what your doing when it comes time to build it and assemble the pieces.

Other than the assembly, we like the swing set, and so do the kids.

The set feels sturdy and I feel that the kids are safe when they are playing on it. I like that the slide has tall sides to prevent a child from falling off. I like the safety features and attention to detail on this swing set. I also like that the swing set doesn’t have tall platforms or high ladders like some of the wooden sets. This set has plenty for the kids to do to keep busy and entertained, without being dangerous for the kids.

I would recommend this swing set to anyone who is looking for a play set for the kids that is a good value, safe, attractive, and fun. For the price you get a nice play area that will last for years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 549041053580330/k2311a049/4.9.10