Sta-Rite Pool Heater  » Housewares  »
  • The Sta-Rite Pool Heater has proven to be a fantastic cost effective pool heater in all the time I have used it
  • When we purchased, everyone kept saying how great this heater was, but it is only after personally using it, I can actually agree
  • This electronically controlled pool heater is the best I have seen and used, and I am so glad that we have it for our pool In terms of what I like about the pool heater, there is a lot
  • I think as far as heaters go, this one is really small and takes up hardly any room whatsoever
  • If anyone is in the market for saving money on running a pool heater, I highly recommend this one

• by npz

The Sta-Rite Pool Heater has proven to be a fantastic cost effective pool heater in all the time I have used it. When we purchased, everyone kept saying how great this heater was, but it is only after personally using it, I can actually agree. This electronically controlled pool heater is the best I have seen and used, and I am so glad that we have it for our pool

In terms of what I like about the pool heater, there is a lot. I think as far as heaters go, this one is really small and takes up hardly any room whatsoever. I like the almost bee-hive shape, that is discrete and easy to hide. I don’t really understand the buttons on the heater itself, but have been assured I only need to understand the controls on the inside of the house, which control on and off and what temperature you want to achieve.

Another

bonus of this heater is speed. I have never come across a heater that can heat pool and spa water so quickly. I am finding that the heater takes only a few seconds between me pressing the button and the heater firing up before I see the temperature of the water starting to rise. Complete heat up on a good day is taking about ten minutes, and in all the use has never taken more than half an hour. That is really incredible, because I don’t have to plan when I want to use the pool or spa, I can literally on the spur of the moment turn the heater on, and while I am getting changed, the water has pretty much heated up to the desired temperature.

This brings me to the best part. Running costs! Because the heater is so fast and so efficient, I am find that it hardly uses any ...

• gas at all. Two things are important here. Firstly, I love that it uses gas not electricity. Electric pool heaters are so much slower and the cost of electricity is prohibitive. This heater uses gas, which is cheaper. Secondly, because the pool heater is so fast, it uses a very small amount of gas to get to the right temperature. Once the temperature is reached, the heater cuts out, and only fires up again if the temperature starts dropping again. My running costs are so much smaller as a result.

The only thing I do not like about this pool heater is the noise. The first time I used it, there was, to my ear, a horrific rattling clanking noise that has me convinced that all the pool equipment was about to explode. I ran round to the equipment and watched the heater as it fired up and did its heating.

In actual fact, once you get used to how it works, it is not as noisy as you think, and the rattles and clanks are normal. Certainly, we have not had any complaints from neighbors! I think if I was redesigning the pool and/or the equipment, I might try to house the heater inside an equipment room, or at least have the equipment a healthy distance away from the pool so that you do not hear the noise as much. As it is, it really does not bother me, and having used it a fair amount, I have come to realize it is not that much noisier that an air conditioner unit.

If anyone is in the market for saving money on running a pool heater, I highly recommend this one. All the hype has proven to be true, and we have piping hot water at a moments notice, and really low energy bills which is fantastic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538041052580430/k2311a048/4.8.10