Iams Weight Control Pro Active Health Dog Food  » Pets  »
  • I learned the hard way that if you have been feeding your dog one brand in particular a weight management type of food and switch it the dog will get sick, even if it is only for one or two meals
  • At least 3 times a year I run out of food and I know I can pop in and buy my food nearly everywhere

• by mamajess

If you have a dog weight management is one of the most important things you can do for him. Most large dogs do not have the self control needed to stop themselves from over eating. If you put a bowl of food in front of a small dog it will usually eat only what it needs to survive much like a cat.

With a big dog it will eat until it gets sick. Even if you only give your large dog the recommended amount of food it can still gain weight faster than it can lose it and once a dog is overweight it is nearly impossible to get it to drop the weight which leads to a whole host of health problems for the dog.

As the owner you need to be in control of how much food your pet is eating and what his current weight is. That is why we only use

weight control food for our dog.

We used to use a different brand of weight management dog food for our dog, but it was only availible for purchase at pet supply stores and every so often we would run out of dog food and I would not be able to make a 20 minute drive for just dog food. I have several drug and grocery stores near my house and while they do carry dog food, they do not carry very many brands.

I learned the hard way that if you have been feeding your dog one brand in particular a weight management type of food and switch it the dog will get sick, even if it is only for one or two meals. Iams is found at nearly every large grocery store so that is why we made the switch.

At least 3 times a year I run out of food and I know ...

• I can pop in and buy my food nearly everywhere. Iams is a good food for your dog, it is not the healthiest brand out there, but it is recommended by veterinarians.

I really like the weight management formula, it keeps my dog looking great and in shape. When we take him to the vets they always compliment me on how good he looks and that is all thanks to this food.

I cannot tell you what this dog food tastes like since I won’t eat it, but my dog has a great shiny coat is not lethargic at all and acts exactly as he did when on a full fat food, but he is at a great weight and that is most important for him. I do still take my dog to Pet Smart and weigh him every so often to make sure he is at the appropriate weight for him.

I encourage anyone else with a large dog to talk to their vet and find out what is a good weight for their dog, then buy this food and take your dog to a pet store with a pet scale such as Pet Smart or Pet Co and check his weight every few months. We had tried to have our dog on full fat adult food and when my daughter was born he did not get the walks he needed to burn off his food, combine that with the treats he was getting from family and he gained 15 pounds in 2 months which made him obese.

We put him on weight control formula, it was a different brand, but in 2 months he lost the weight. We switched to Iams weight control about 2 years ago and he has been able to maintain his healthy weight with no health issues from this food.

I highly recommend this food to everyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 298041052570430/k2311a048/4.8.10