Fullbar Diet Plan  » Health  »
1.5
  • Since my Cocoa Chip fullbars taste like Sugar Smacks cereal coated with a chocolate substitute, I don’t exactly mind them, but it isn’t the highlight of my day either

• by Jude244

I am on day two of the Fullbar Diet. Though I’m not sure how long it takes to see results, it would be expecting a lot to think that the scale would have budged in such a short time. Whenever I take on a new diet program, I really want to believe that the answer is in my hand but then I realize that if it were, more people would be on to it.

The Fullbar Diet is a very simple plan which can be a positive or negative attribute depending on how you spin it. Yes, it only requires that you consume two bars a day, a half hour before meal time. But No, it provides no caloric restrictions, food suggestions, or nutritional guidelines to help you make better choices.

Whereas I have read countless books on health and nutrition, I have a hard

time following a diet that gives so little to go on. It just seems that a sensible diet would provide guidelines, restrictions, recommendations, or even just a daily set calorie amount.

Here with the Fullbar Diet, they only ask that I eat the bars with a full glass of water, and then wait a half hour to eat lunch and dinner. The reasoning here is that my stomach will fill up with water and the bar, and I will be far less hungry. As my hunger will be under control, I will eat less of my meal and therefore loss weight.

Perhaps that will be the case, but why is that any different from eating an apple or other snack with water before my main meals? Wouldn’t all snacks help to take the edge off of hunger and help to fill up the stomach a little ...

• first? What happens if I still eat the same amount I am used to? Will I instead gain weight from the extra 320 calories I am now taking in from the Fullbars throughout the day?

Yes this is a simple plan to follow, but if it is combined with the poor food choices that caused the weight gain in the first place; I can’t possibly see how it’s going to work even in the short term. It is, for me at least, a little too simple and I wonder if other people will struggle the lack of informational support or overall direction this plan has failed thus far to deliver.

Even Slim Fast, a meal replacement plan with its own meal bars, has calorie and dinner guidelines and a two week meal plan on their website to help you learn portion control and make

wiser choices.

Ultimately it’s the Fullbar’s lack of direction that will be its undoing. If you go to their website for more information it is little more than a few pages which displays more products and expensive monthly plans to order.

Fullbar’s few lessons concern hunger assessment before and after the bar, and general mindfulness and motivation for sticking to a diet. Whereas they could have provided nutrition and fitness information, they missed the point of a diet entirely by suggesting Full Bar be used as an appetite suppressant without addressing a single change to a poor diet.

As I only purchased enough for a week, I will finish up what I have and be done with it. Since my Cocoa Chip fullbars taste like Sugar Smacks cereal coated with a chocolate substitute, I don’t exactly mind them, but it isn’t the highlight of my day either.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348041052510330/k2311a048/4.8.10