NARS The Multiple Highlighter/Face Color in Copacabana  » Cosmetics  »
  • A long time ago, I came across this chameleon beauty, it wasn't very popular then as it is now, and I believe it was the catalyst that brought the makeup world to think more practically
  • The gunmetal grey stick has a subtle pinkish tone, I know that's very hard to imagine but try to picture out a pearl with a slight champagne hue
  • Though I like to add this on a nude lip for a pearly matte shine in lieu of lipgloss
  • I will absolutely recommend this for uncomplicated individuals who prefer multi functional cosmetics

• by jhunie

Now, a lot of make up preparations have catered to a pragmatic approach in cosmetics. They constantly change the formula to have multiple applications. I’ve had a fair share of letdowns after several attempts to invest in a dependable product with the versatility to squeeze a handful of uses into one. Many of these pseudo multitaskers work poorly and incomplete, nonetheless. It’s greatly useful for people like me who don’t want to bring too much stuff in their purse. A long time ago, I came across this chameleon beauty, it wasn’t very popular then as it is now, and I believe it was the catalyst that brought the makeup world to think more practically. It’s NARS the multiple which is an all-over face color that can be applied to the body as well.

I have the shade in Copacaba, the lightest shade from the pack, though I’m not sure indefinitely since it’s the only one I have tried among the rest. I first misjudged the product at a glance because it looked

unfit for a skin color. The gunmetal grey stick has a subtle pinkish tone, I know that’s very hard to imagine but try to picture out a pearl with a slight champagne hue. It seemed quite offsetting due to its silvery shade but I was surprised to hear the sales rep saying it’s actually more like a multi-purpose body highlighter. I sampled the thing and was even more astonished by the way it sort of disappeared on my skin, no traces of silver dust or artificial shimmers whatsoever. Instead, it makes a sinewy glow and not at all atrocious.

I use it around for highlighting accents to my bony structure, particularly on the cheek bones. It leaves a nice luminous effect on my cheeks. The very fine shimmering pigments in the stick tends to have a light reflective property that looks so natural, on me at least. It’s far off from what a mineral bronzer can do because they’re both comparably different, though I favorably choose to wear this if I go ...

• for a lesser controlled radiance on the face. I apply the highlighter almost to a miniscule amount so that the stick barely chipped, in the first few occasions I began using the product. It’s not very hi-definition, though it certainly brings depth to the cheeks and shapely dimension to my face.

For a stronger look, I highlight it over a contouring powder. I then very minimally pat some pigments on the bone. I use my hands for a fool proof precision. I have my MAC strada blush as a contouring powder which blends well with this highlighter. The color plush shine makes a better combination. This unrivaled solid formula is so creamy and smooth and it doesn’t have a melting buttery touch to the skin. On my cheeks it fairly lasts for a long time. However, I don’t intend to use it for my eyes especially on the inner lids because it settles into lines. I just like to dab the stick on the brow bone for a brightening

touch on the eyes. I’ve also used it once together with an eye concealer, that’s my favorite part when it instantly boosts some radiance on my under eye. I used to do it in the absence of YSL touch eclat back then.

I have not used the stick for anything other than my face. I did put it once on my lips and it somewhat feathered out because it wasn’t very moisturizing. Though I like to add this on a nude lip for a pearly matte shine in lieu of lipgloss. I admire the translucent finish that’s so sheer, in that respect I will truly say it’s more of a highlighter than a cheek staining blush. I will absolutely recommend this for uncomplicated individuals who prefer multi functional cosmetics. But I still take a point for the price costing around 35 dollars, heck the price tag still hasn’t changed that much for years. This scores 9 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 318041052460330/k2311a048/4.8.10