The Biggest Winner - How to Win by Losing: Maximize - Full Frontal Workout
  • While I found four out of the five workouts at TJ Maxx I would have gladly purchased the entire set on Amazon and saved money and time trying to collect them all
  • I think the DVD’s from this series are tough for beginners yet totally worth it if you can nail them
  • Every time I thought there was going to be a let up of intensity we actually moved on to a jumping move

• by Jude244

When ever I watch NBC’s The Biggest Loser at night, I am always psyched to try my Biggest Winner workout with Jillian Michaels the next day. This morning was no exception, as I climbed out of bed and broke open my new Maximize Complete- Full Frontal workout from the Biggest Winner 5 disc series.

While I found four out of the five workouts at TJ Maxx I would have gladly purchased the entire set on Amazon and saved money and time trying to collect them all.

Today’s workout focused on the shoulders, triceps, abs, thighs, chest, and hips. Each workout from this series seems to target specific areas and include a number of exercises devoted to each.

As with the other workouts that I have tried this workout is introduced

by Jillian Michaels and features her training about four people in a gym. This workout is considered the next step from the Shape up Full Frontal workout and contains different exercises for the same muscle groups.

The warm up begins with thirty step ups on a bench style step. It then moves to high knee jumps and cross over toe touches. After that we did squats bounces until it hurt, and then repeated the four exercises again from the top.

The Full Frontal workout started with chest presses with dumbbells for twenty and then moved to a move that looked like a dead lift on one leg. From there we did a side step move with the step and then leg raises using the bench in a plank position.

Next ...

• we did ten plies jumps and then alternate leg jumps on the step. After that we did W presses with the dumbbells, and then jumping jack shoulder raises.

We then got down on the bench for some crunches. One thing you will notice is that you never have a chance to stop and catch your breath. From there we lifted weights both on the bench and then standing.

These are very fast intervals that jump back and forth between muscle groups and always keep you moving. I think the DVD’s from this series are tough for beginners yet totally worth it if you can nail them.

Every time I thought there was going to be a let up of intensity we actually moved on to a jumping move. I

think if you enjoy lifting weights you may enjoy this series since it puts short bursts of cardio in between a lot of lifting moves and lets you get some cardio in an otherwise strength training session.

As I have only just begun weight lifting I am still learning the moves and names. I do however enjoy trying the different workouts from the Biggest Winner series as they seem to be a little more hard core than some of fluffier workouts out on the market today.

If you are looking for target specific weight training with some step and jump moves thrown in for cardio, these workouts maybe perfect for you. They are challenging, yet keep you moving and inspired to succeed. They are available online at Amazon among others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348041052450330/k2311a048/4.8.10