Clamentin SF 250 mg. Antibiotic  » Medicine  »
  • It all started 2 weeks back and in the beginning, I thought it was just a nasal irritation brought about by constant touching and sneezing
  • She went to the toilet as usual but did not experience any diarrhea or any other side effect
  • I paid Pulas 238.78 or about $ 34 for 2 bottles of this medication which is acceptable
  • The only problem was, as I was travelling from Thursday to Sunday, its liquid form was not very convenient for airport security (100 ml limit)

• by bethbarl

I had to take out my daughter from school last Wednesday as the outbreaks in her nose spread to the other parts on her face. Which was the wisest decision despite her insistence that she did not want to miss school. The doctor confirmed that she has streptococcal infection manifested by outbreaks in the nose which are red, oozing with water and painful.

It all started 2 weeks back and in the beginning, I thought it was just a nasal irritation brought about by constant touching and sneezing. I used as a first remedy an Equate triple antibiotic cream which I have been keeping for awhile but since the outbreak was deep in the nose, I could not really get into it without worrying of further infection or aggravating her

pain and discomfort. It soon spread to the side of the nostril and pretty quickly, other marks appeared on her face, red specks which would later grow in size.

It is very contagious and is the main reason why the outbreaks are spreading on the other side of her cheeks. In addition to the painful discomfort, they were also very unsightly. For this condition, oral penicillin is the recommended therapy. The doctor prescribed Clamentin to be taken 3x a day at 5 ml each. Its pharmacological composition is penicillin and this is a broad spectrum antibiotic which is supposed to be effective for treating upper, lower respiratory, urinary tract and even skin infections. Based on the leaflet insert, I was confident that this would be the right medication for my child’s condition.

My ...

• daughter refused to take an oral medication in tablet form so the doctor gave this suspension which was prepared already by the pharmacist. It is a thick white suspension which tastes like any other medicine – awful like a combination of fruits and something else indescribable. My daughter did not like it but she has really no choice if she wanted to get better and get rid of her infection.

I gave this antibiotic for 6 days.. The first day did not exhibit any significant improvement. But for me, knowing that her condition was being treated made me feel better. I would only see results after 4 days by which time the marks on her face gradually disappeared and after 8 days, the marks healed completely.

Surprisingly, this antibiotic did not interfere

with her digestive system. She went to the toilet as usual but did not experience any diarrhea or any other side effect. This meant that this medication is well tolerated by even young children.

I paid Pulas 238.78 or about $ 34 for 2 bottles of this medication which is acceptable. For me, the most important thing was that my daughter got rid of her strep infection. This antibiotic is easy to administer as it is in a suspension form and keeps well while refrigerated. The only problem was, as I was travelling from Thursday to Sunday, its liquid form was not very convenient for airport security (100 ml limit). I had to leave one bottle behind and continue the rest of the medication when I got back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 268041052240330/k2311a048/4.8.10