Brinkmann 4-Piece Patterned Lens Solar Light  » Housewares  »
  • I found a product that was really attractive and matched my decor
  • I like that there was no wiring or electricity required
  • I noticed that they aren't as bright as I thought they would be, even at night, but they offer more of a subtle glow
  • I love the design of these lights, and I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a decorative subtle light for their patio area

• by mariekay

I recently purchased several items for my outdoor patio area. The weather is starting to warm up, and we are in the process of decorating our backyard in preparation for summer time. We love to entertain and often have guests over, and we usually end up congregating in the back yard. One of the things I purchased fore the area was some solar lighting. I found a product that was really attractive and matched my decor. The Brinkmann 4-Piece Patterned Lens Solar Light is a set of four lamps that also have shepherd hook included. I liked that the

lamps could be used on a stake or hanging from a hook. The lamps have a squared pattern to them and they have a bronze finish. They are made of plastic, but they look more expensive.

The lights are solar powered, so they go on when it becomes dark outside. I like that there was no wiring or electricity required. The lights do require batteries, though. I noticed that they aren’t as bright as I thought they would be, even at night, but they offer more of a subtle glow. The plastic around the lights is frosted, so that seems to dull the light a little bit. I put the lights around our deck area and they don’t exactly light it up, they are more for ambiance and looks. The light is also more of a golden glow than a bright white light. They are great if you are looking to add a subtle glow, but don’t expect them to actually light up the area. I had to purchase additional lighting for that purpose.

Since I used the lights on stakes, I didn’t need the shephard hooks that came with them for the lights, so I ended up using them ...

• Brinkmann 4-Piece Patterned Lens Solar Light
      to hang flowers on. They ended up being another nice touch for my patio area. With everything that comes in the kit, the product is a good value at $40.

If you are using the lights on the stakes, be careful when placing them into the ground because the plastic is not really high-quality and it feels like it could break easily. Although the lights look expensive, they are pretty cheaply made. When I pushed one of the lights into the ground, it felt like I bent the pole a little bit, but it wasn’t noticeable once it was

installed. The lights are pretty easy to push into the ground, you just have to be careful.

So far we have had our solar lights out for about 3 weeks and we love the decorative touch they give to the deck and patio area. I am considering purchasing more for the other side of the yard. These lights are really versatile, and you can use them on sidewalks, table tops, or from the hooks provided. I love the design of these lights, and I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a decorative subtle light for their patio area.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 538041051810230/k2311a048/4.8.10