The Firm Sculpt and Tone Pilates, Beginner (Pilates Body Bands with DVD)  » Health  »
  • I recently saw this DVD/Band set online so I decided to order it to change things up a little from my normal exercise regimin
  • I paid about $13 for the set, so it was really reasonably priced too
  • The DVD says that you will see results after 10 workouts, but I noticed a difference after 3 or 4
  • The only problem for me is that is does make my back really sore to the point where sometimes I have to skip several days, but as soon as it feels better, I pick back up again
  • I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an effective workout in the comfort of their home

• by mariekay

I have been doing Pilates on and off for several years. The idea of Pilates is that it strengthens your core, which supports the rest of you body. Pilates helps you gain muscle, burn fat, and tone your entire body. I recently saw this DVD/Band set online so I decided to order it to change things up a little from my normal exercise regimin. I have a book and another Pilates DVD, but they were not challenging for me anymore, so I was looking forward to learning something new.

The DVD kit arrived really quickly after I had ordered it. It was at my house within 3 days. I paid about $13 for the set, so it was really reasonably priced too.

The video is 30 minutes

long, so it doesn’t take up that much time. It’s perfect for an at-home work-out becausie all you really need are the bands, which are included, and the DVD. They take you step-by-step through each exercise. If you happen to have a yoga mat, that would come in handy also, but it’s not necessary.

After the first workout I really felt the burn the next day. It felt like my whole body had gotten a good workout. The moves were not that difficult either, so I didn’t dread doing the routine. The DVD says that you will see results after 10 workouts, but I noticed a difference after 3 or 4. Everything just felt tighter and less jiggly. I did the DVD routine every other ...

• day, and continued for about a month. After that, the moves became less challenging for me and I added some cardio to my routine. I am really pleased with the results, and I do the exercises whenever I can. The only problem for me is that is does make my back really sore to the point where sometimes I have to skip several days, but as soon as it feels better, I pick back up again.

This DVD says it’s for beginners, and I like that it’s fairly easy and yet fun to do. I look forward to continuing the exercises as long as I can. This DVD would probably not be a good choice for someone who already works out a lot because it wouldn’t be challenging

enough, but for me it’s just right. I am going to keep it up and hope to have even better results in the future.

I also noticed that since I have started this routine I feel more energetic during the day. I like doing this in the morning before the rest of the family gets up, or after breakfast. If I do it before bedtime, it’s difficult to fall asleep. This routine really gets your blood pumping! I also feel like I am more flexible and stronger.

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an effective workout in the comfort of their home. It’s a good value and a fun workout that will deliver results in a short period of time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348041051700230/k2311a048/4.8.10