Windmill Inn & Suites in Chandler, AZ.  » Hotels  »
3535 West Chandler Boulevard, Chandler, AZ.
  • I like the entrance into your room being inside the hotel, instead of outdoors facing a parking lot
  • This definitely made an impression on me since there have been many times these little extras have come in handy
  • I noticed the staff treats everyone with great respect and many go out of their way to help you

• by luv2rite

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Windmill Suites in Chandler, AZ. on several occasions over the last 15 years.

I first learned about this hotel when I first moved to the Gilbert & Chandler area from Phoenix about 15 years ago. My children and I needed a place to stay for a short period of time before moving into our house.

We chose this hotel because of how nice it looked when driving by it a few times. I called them to find out what their rates were and was pleased with the reasonable rates I was given. Back 15 years ago, I recall a 2 room suite being right around $40.00.

The last time we stayed at the Windmill Inn was last year. The rate for a 2 room suite was $75.00. Even so, it is well worth the money because of how nice the rooms are and how well trained the staff is. I was surprised to find the hotel was still being operated in the same manner it was 15 years ago. The suites have a private bedroom with 2 double beds. They do provide you with choices of how many beds you desire and what size you need them to be. Having the private bedroom worked out very nice for us especially 15 years ago when my daughter was very young. She could nap without being bothered by any noise. I was surprised with the size of the suite as it was larger than most I had seen. All the suites have a glass sliding door leading out to a center courtyard which has a fenced pool and jacuzzi.

The hotel has 2 floors and even the 2nd floor suites have a small enclosed balcony which overlooks the center courtyard. We never stayed in a suite on the 2nd floor but I imagine they are just as nice as the suites on the 1st floor. I like the entrance into your room being inside the hotel, instead of outdoors facing a parking lot. There are hallways leading to all of the rooms. This way if it happened to be raining or if it was real hot weather, you did not have to deal with it when transferring your luggage from the car into your room. It also feels safer to me with having the entrance into the room being indoors. There are a number of elevators that are spread out nicely to accommodate all the rooms without having to walk a great distance to access one. The interior decor is very pleasing to the eye. They seem to remodel the rooms decor every 4 to 5 years. The rooms are bright and cheery with several nice large windows. The decor is up-to-date and the rooms always have a new kind of feeling to them. I have stayed in some rooms that have felt somewhat depressing because of the way they are decorated and this is not the case at Windmill Inn. I also really enjoy how clean the rooms are at Windmill Inn. I can not handle staying in a hotel room where the bathroom is dirty or it has not been well maintained. The bathrooms at Windmill Inn have had special attention placed on them with being cleaned very carefully in the nooks ...

• and cranny’s that are often missed. Over time, the bathrooms just do not appear clean when deep cleaning has been ignored. The bathrooms are also equipped with a mini hair dryer. This has come in very handy for the few times I forgot to pack mine.

I also like the way all of the staff respects their visitors. I have stayed at a number of hotels where the staff refuse to respect when the “Do Not Disturb” sign has been placed on the door and will still knock. I was working a night job a very long time ago and had to stay at a hotel for a few nights due to some repairs that were being done to our home. I needed to sleep during the day in order to be able to work the night job. I placed the “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door and had one of the cleaning people knock and then quickly unlock the door to call for me. Shortly after this happened, another cleaning person knocked and unlocked the door, thinking her co-worker was cleaning my room since she could not locate her. This would never happen at Windmill Inn.

Each suite also includes a small bar that is stocked with a mini automatic coffee maker. Included is a couple bags of coffee and plenty of sugar and cream. The bar is also stocked with an ice bucket, 4 glasses, and mints. In the bathroom are small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body soap. This definitely made an impression on me since there have been many times these little extras have come in handy.

I had an outfit that

had wrinkled badly in my luggage. I called the front desk and received an iron and ironing board within minutes. The staff has always been very attentive and helpful. I noticed the staff treats everyone with great respect and many go out of their way to help you. The pool and jacuzzi is always beautifully kept. The landscaping and the center courtyard always looks so plush and green. They plant new flowers according to the season which really adds to the look of the landscaping. In the morning, the hotel serves a nice continental breakfast. They also leave the morning newspaper at your door for no extra charge. If you want to eat breakfast in your room, the staff will bring you the items you request from the continental breakfast buffet. It is rare today that you receive this level of service.

We have always received excellent service when staying at the Windmill Inn. During one of our visits, a staff member offered my children boxes of crayons and coloring books to keep them busy. A staff member noticing that I had a couple of children with me and probably understanding how there is not much for children to do in the rooms, out of being kind and thoughtful, offered this to my children. I was quite taken back by such a nice gesture. It is most likely the reason for such great service is because of the high level of management and ownership. I think the hotel is privately owned.

Whenever my family has a need to stay at a hotel, we always think of the Windmill Inn first and it is always where we find ourselves staying at.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27041051600830/k2311a047/4.7.10