Bissell ProHeat 2X - Model/Series # 9200  » Housewares  »
1.5
  • I love the Hoover, however when I saw this Bissell on sale for 30% off of the regular price I figured it was a good time to make the purchase since I knew I be doing so in the near future
  • I was pretty impressed with the machine's effectiveness with removing mud, a grease stain, sand, and even pet hair from the test carpet
  • I decided if I wanted to continue to be able to clean my own carpets and have the luxury of being able to clean spills and other accidents from my carpet as soon as they occurred, then I better purchase the machine
  • I noticed when filling the bucket that it had a rubber bag inside it
  • The person who purchased it from me was aware of the issue with the rubber bag and agreed it was an odd design, however said he was giving it to a day care center as a donation/gift and felt they would be able to work with it

• by luv2rite

This is the first Bissell machine I have owned. I have a Hoover carpet cleaner that has been used quite a bit and is starting to get worn out. I love the Hoover, however when I saw this Bissell on sale for 30% off of the regular price I figured it was a good time to make the purchase since I knew I be doing so in the near future.

I purchased the Bissell from Lowe’s in Gilbert, Az. They had a display model set up and ready to be used to show how well it works. The sales rep. showed me how this machine worked and explained the different features it has. There was a also a piece of carpet that had different stains on it to show the consumer how well the machine could remove them. I was pretty impressed with the machine’s effectiveness with removing mud, a grease stain, sand, and even pet hair from the test carpet. I liked that the water in the reservoir that is sprayed onto the carpet to clean it as well as to rinse it, is continuously heated. This is one feature my Hoover does not have and I always wished it did.

I was a little concerned with how large this Bissell is and it seemed to be a little heavier than my Hoover. I was already having some problems with the weight of my Hoover and had reservations if

I would be able to maneuver the Bissell without too much added effort. I could not beat the price for the machine with 30% off and could not afford to pay much more. I decided if I wanted to continue to be able to clean my own carpets and have the luxury of being able to clean spills and other accidents from my carpet as soon as they occurred, then I better purchase the machine.

The cleaner required some assembly, however I was able to put it together myself without too much trouble by following the instructions in the owner’s manual. After I had it completely together I decided to give it a try. The first step I took was to fill the reservoir bucket with hot water. This is when I had my first negative thought about the cleaner. I noticed when filling the bucket that it had a rubber bag inside it. I also learned this would be the same bucket or area where the dirty water would go. The clean water is filled into the rubber bag inside the bucket. The open area in the bucket, around the rubber bag, is where the dirty water goes. I did not care for this right away. First of all, my Hoover has a large bucket where the dirty water goes. The bucket where you fill it with clean water is also just as large. I know from my experience ...

• using the Hoover that you need to refill the clean water bucket quite frequently. I wondered just how many times I would need to stop and refill with clean water since the storage area was a lot smaller than the Hoovers. I also knew from my experience with the Hoover that the dirty water bucket can quickly get very dirty and the hard to clean areas gather a lot of slimy debris. I could just imagine how dirty and slimy the outside of the rubber bag would be after using the Bissell a few times since this is where the dirty water goes. The whole concept and design of this bucket simply did not make any sense to me. I could not understand why the company would have designed it this way.

Sure enough, I had to refill with clean water after a very short time of using the machine. The only way I can explain the difference is I can use the Hoover for about 20 minutes before having to refill. With the Bissell I need to refill it after 5 to 8 minutes of use. Anyone who has used a home shampooer understands the significance of this. I also was not able to clean the outside of the rubber bag since its impossible to get to the bag to clean it. Just as I thought, the bag quickly was covered in a lot of the debris the

cleaner picked up when I was using it. This included pet hair, tiny particles of dirt and sand, pieces of grass that had been tracked in from outdoors and other unknown debris. I was not at all happy about this and knew I would not be using this machine unless I absolutely had to. I do not know why I had not noticed this when I was looking at it at Lowe’s.

I was very disappointed with this feature of the cleaner. I was also feeling quite frustrated with the money I had spent on it even if it was on sale, it was still close to $200.00.

Since I used the machine Lowe’s policy would not permit me to return it. The issue with this bucket is a major one. I knew I would not be using the machine. I could not stand thinking this new cleaner I paid close to $200.00 for would be sitting in the closet and would not be used. I decided to list it on Craigslist to sell it. The person who purchased it from me was aware of the issue with the rubber bag and agreed it was an odd design, however said he was giving it to a day care center as a donation/gift and felt they would be able to work with it.

I will be staying loyal to my favorite brand of carpet shampooers and vacuums and this is the one and only “Hoover”.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537041051560830/k2311a047/4.7.10