United States Postal Office - Gilbert, AZ.  » General services  »
1.0
225 South Val Vista Drive, Gilbert. AZ. Telephone # (480) 926-7595
  • She has to be one of the rudest and uncaring people I know

• by luv2rite

This post office location at 225 S. Val Vista Drive is the one who services the area I live in. I go to this specific post office when I have received notices from the mail person notifying me of a piece of mail that needs to be picked up and signed for. Otherwise, I go to another post office location that is just about a mile more to get to. I do this because of how poorly I have been treated at the Val Vista location. Their is an older lady who has been employed at this post office for a number of years now . She has to be one of the rudest and uncaring people I know. I am not the only one who feels this way or is treated poorly by her as I have

seen and heard her interact with other customers in the same manner. She makes the whole visit even more unpleasant than going to the post office already is. I simply dread waiting in line hoping her window does not become available when I am the the next person to be called. I have heard customers standing behind me and in front of me speak negatively about her every time I visit this post office. She is sharp and has a hard demeanor about her. She never appears to be happy or even a little happy. She is terrible with answering any questions you may have and can embarrass you with the her reaction and loud voice when repeating your question in a mocking manner.

The post office closes at 5p.m. on the weekdays. Anyone who visits this post office ...

• and has ever had a day where they do not get there until a few minutes before 5p.m., have all experienced coming face to face with this woman. One minute before it turns 5p.m. she has the keys in the door ready to lock up. She has also pulled the metal windows half way down which prevents anyone from getting to the post office area when accessing the personal mail boxes after business hours. When she pulls these windows down they make a horribly loud noise. The customers in line also must get out of the way or they risk being hit by the windows/partitions. Its obvious her plan is to make a show that the post office is closing and no one better do anything to delay her locking it up and getting out of there. Should
        anyone come running into the post office to get in line a couple minutes before 5p.m., she gives them her standard demeaning and rude lecture which most of us have received from her at one time or another.

I have no idea how she has kept her position working for the post office. Anyone would think she would be fired for her behavior. I will never understand why she continues to be employed with the postal service. Many other people I know also wonder why she is able to keep her job.

I do not go to this post office unless I absolutely have to such as if I need to pick something up they are holding for me. It is a shame that one individual can affect such a large number of people and have such a negative affect on them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 257041051550830/k2311a047/4.7.10