Telephone Video By Lady Gaga  » Music  »
2.5
  • I love Lady Gaga, but it took time for me to get used to this song

• by Niesa

The song “Telephone” came off Lady Gaga’s new album, The Fame Monster. It’s about a girl, whose boyfriend keeps calling but she won’t pick up the phone because she’d rather be dancing. I’m very picky when it comes to songs. I love Lady Gaga, but it took time for me to get used to this song. It’s a dance mix type song like her singles “Poker Face” or “Love Games” but it’s not as good as those two singles.

The lyrics are a mix of metaphors, realism and color just like Lady Gaga’s other songs but this song felt rushed. And the chorus is repeated like 300 times throughout the whole song. The chorus is only supposed to repeat, no more than 5-6 times, ten at max if it’s a good one. Lady Gaga’s chorus sucked for this song. It had no imagination.

Beyonce is also featured on this single, and to me she made the song, even worse ...

• for me. Beyonce and Lady Gaga are from two different genres of music, and shouldn’t be put on the same track together. Beyonce’s voice sounded deep, and harsh against the fast, double beat tempo of the song. It sounded to me like Beyonce was off beat the entire song. Beyonce was only put on the track to sell more records for herself, and Lady Gaga because both of them are really hot in the music industry right now.

I

rate the song 5/10 because it’s not a terrible but song but it’s not one of Lady Gaga’s best hits. I would have given it 7/10 but Beyonce just made the song very bad, and I couldn’t give the song anything above a five. The song is just average, and Beyonce is below average.

If I were clubbing I’d dance to the song, but I won’t be singing it in the shower and it won’t be stuck in my head, like “Bad Romance.”

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 147041051060730/k2311a047/4.7.10