Asics Gel GT-2140 running shoes (women’s)  » Clothes  »
1.5
  • The Asics Gel GT-2140 are apparently some of the best-selling shoes designed for over-pronators
  • However, after about 4 runs in them once I'd got them home, I decided they were making the problem worse
  • I thought I might keep the trainers just for walking but they were even uncomfortable for that
  • In summary, I found this model of shoe clumpy and unresponsive
  • As they are quite expensive (more than £80 RRP), I'd strongly recommend that anyone considering them finds a retailer who provides a money-back guarantee if the shoes don't suit you

• by RachelR

I was recommended these running shoes following video gait analysis (on a treadmill). My feet have started pronating (rolling inwards) recently and I was experiencing pain in my Achilles’ tendons. The Asics Gel GT-2140 are apparently some of the best-selling shoes designed for over-pronators.

So I tried them on the treadmill and then on a

short run outside, as that’s where I do most of my running and my gait changes on a treadmill. At the time, they felt reasonably comfortable, so I went ahead and bought them.

However, after about 4 runs in them once I’d got them home, I decided they were making the problem worse. They were ...

• much heavier and more rigid than my old trainers, so it felt as though my feet were slapping down and then unable to roll naturally on the follow-through.

In addition, these shoes are cut quite high at the back and so the heel tab was rubbing on my Achilles’ tendons and aggravating the problem.

I thought

I might keep the trainers just for walking but they were even uncomfortable for that.

In summary, I found this model of shoe clumpy and unresponsive. As they are quite expensive (more than £80 RRP), I’d strongly recommend that anyone considering them finds a retailer who provides a money-back guarantee if the shoes don’t suit you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 557041050620630/k2311a047/4.7.10