Caltrate 600 + D plus minerals  » Health  »
  • It was like my stomach could no longer digest correctly and I know it was not healthy to have loose stools that much
  • I found out about Caltrate while searching the internet about my bowel problems since my gall bladder was removed
  • But with one a day I have normal bowels and the most amazing part is no more cramps
  • I think all doctors should tell their patients after gall bladder removal about Caltrate plus
  • I remember complaining to my doctor and he just said avoid greasy or spicy foods and that some people have more trouble than others after gall bladder removal

• by 1busyreviewer

I have been taking Caltrate 600 + D plus minerals with very pleasing results. I had my gall bladder removed 12 years ago(I was 27 at the time) and ever since have had very loose stools. And these were the kind in which I was running to the bathroom. It was hard for me to go anywhere if I would not be close to a toliet and I do mean close.

It was hard to sprint across a grocery store to get to their bathroom in time and it was awful if I had to ask where the bathroom was! Plus along with the very loose stools, I would have severe cramping that would last all day and even

nights sometimes. It was awful! It was like my stomach could no longer digest correctly and I know it was not healthy to have loose stools that much. Well, I wish I had found Caltrate plus sooner.

I found out about Caltrate while searching the internet about my bowel problems since my gall bladder was removed. Another lady with my problems said she stumbled across Caltrate when her Doctor recommended it for extra calcium as she was an older female and needed extra calcium. She also had been having the loose stools after gall bladder removal and when she started taking Caltrate plus it helped her bowels too!

The women in my family have been told to take extra calcium too so I figured I would try the Caltrate.

What did I have to loose and I probably needed the extra calcium too. The lady who wrote on the internet had said only the purple bottle worked for her and that is the Caltrate 600 + D plus minerals. Well it has worked wonders for me and I do wish I had found this 12 years ago.

The bottle says take 2 twice a day but I only take one a day because I found if I take 2 I get constipated. But with one a day I have normal bowels and the most amazing part is no more cramps! My stomach feels normal again and I ...

• Caltrate 600 + D plus minerals
      didn’t think it would ever again! I don’t have the need to run to the bathroom either. I can actually walk now and can even hold back until I can get to a bathroom.

I couldn’t do that before. Before I sometimes would not make it in time. The bottle even says for bones and colon health so maybe Caltrate knows this too.

I don’t know why it helps me. It contains calcium plus magnesium, zinc, copper and vit D. something in there has really helped me though.

Maybe it aids with digestion somehow. I think all doctors should tell their patients after gall bladder removal about Caltrate plus. I remember complaining to my doctor and

he just said avoid greasy or spicy foods and that some people have more trouble than others after gall bladder removal.

Why don’t they know about Caltrate plus? I would hope it would help others suffering like I was. Now I eat whatever I want and just remember to take my Caltrate plus once a day. If I forget a day or two…I know it because the troubles come back.

Maybe taking something like Caltrate plus for the rest of my life will not harm me. It looks like pretty good stuff that women need anyway. So I am very glad I found out about Caltrate 600 + D plus minerals! It has made my life more pleasant!

Cristina says :

My Mum has had her uterus removed a week ago and she was recommended by her doctor to take caltrate plus. What`s the best for her to take? Thank you.

Galega says :

This is a very good medicine for calcium deficiency. You should ask your mom to follow the prescription of her doctor.

This medicine should be taken orally with a glass of water. It is better to avoid it taking in the empty stomach.

Mary norton says :

Can’t u just say why color is different. Been using Caltrain for27 yrs. pink now it’s purple

carmie26 says :

Hi Mary,

There are different colors of Caltrate tablet. There are white, pink and purple. The main reason why you get the purple one maybe because you get 600 D3 plus minerals. The pink one is just Caltrate 600 D3 (without added minerals) while the white one is 600 plus concentrated (pure calcium).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347041050440630/k2311a047/4.7.10