Snoops: Twice Dead TV Show  » TV  »
2.0

• by Orrymain

Margaret Avery and Stephen Elliott guest starred in the Twice Dead episode of the short-lived TV series called Snoops. In fact, it didn’t even last an entire season. I’m not surprised because I was pretty bored by the whole thing. The only unique thing about this detective drama is that the leads were played by real

life married couple, Tim Reid and Daphne Maxwell Reid. The former Reid actually helped to develop this show.

The most exciting element to me, though, is the inclusion of John Karlen in the series. Now most people remember him for his role on Cagney and Lacey, but to me, he will always be Willie Loomis of Dark Shadows.

• I have never been able to look at him and not see Willie. More than that, I hear Willie. In Snoops, Karlen plays Lt. Sam Akers.

Elliott just drove me crazy in this role. It’s the mannerisms and the unsteady level of his speaking voice and delivery. It was unnatural and made the show unpleasant to

watch.

The plot of Twice Dead is something about a Romanian man who dies and turns out not to be who he said he was. It was convoluted, in addition to making me yawn.

While there is some electricity among the Reids in their on screen roles, it’s just not enough to carry the show. I’m just not interested.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 106041050200830/k2311a046/4.6.10