Kentucky Fried Chicken  » Restaurants  »
2276 Arden Way, Sacramento, CA 95825
  • If they don't have the right coinage, it's their problem, not mine
  • I think I was given grilled when I would have preferred original

• by Orrymain

We used to go to this location of Kentucky Fried Chicken all the time. We stopped using it regularly when a couple of closer locations were built. From time to time, though, when in the area, we still utilize it. The latest trip was this week. Here are a few of my observances:

–I had to ask for a receipt, which is a negative in my book. Customers should routinely be given their receipts with their change or credit card copy.

–The receipt was different from the total I was given,

but they didn’t charge me. It said $13.52, but they charged me just $13. Perhaps being that it was late at night, they were having change issues, but this is better than the Jack in the Box location that charged me full price and tried to not give me back all of my change because of their penny problems. If they don’t have the right coinage, it’s their problem, not mine.

–For the first time, I ordered Box Fillet: two pieces of boneless chicken, potato wedges, bun, and soft drink. The chicken ...

• was overcooked and largely dry. They didn’t ask me how I wanted it prepared, either. I’m not sure if that’s an option for the box, but they have three types as a rule. I didn’t even think about it. I think I was given grilled when I would have preferred original. However, the point is that the chicken was flat, overcooked, and disappointing. The wedges were great. The bun was too crumbly.

–Other foods we ordered: The chocolate chip cookies were terrific; the chocolate sundae was very good

with plenty of chocolate. The snacker was good and it was a nice size, bigger than what we’ve gotten from other locations. Finally, the corn dog nuggets were tasty and hot.

–A positive is that we had all the condiments in the bag without asking, including the butter spread, which I always have to ask for at other KFCs.

–The order taker was very friendly and courteous. She smiled and made a positive impression.

So, overall, we were satisfied with the meal, but the main reason for going there, the chicken, was a huge letdown.

Kentucky Fried Chicken

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 76041050120830/k2311a046/4.6.10