Perry Mason: The Case of the Heartbroken Bride movie  » Movies  »
  • Merle Kennedy plays a fan of the famous bride

• by Orrymain

For me, the bride in Perry Mason: The Case of the Heartbroken Bride was too pouty and snooty, even though we know she’s innocent because Perry is defending her. I just didn’t like her look. In fact, the entire opening bit at the wedding of Perry’s old friends’ daughter was a bit too long for me. It didn’t engage me.

Except for the lovely

and exciting Diane Baker playing the role of Laura Parrish, mother of the bride and curiosity maker for Della Street, the rest of it didn’t hold my interest that much. Ronny Cox is a very good actor, but he’s hit and miss with me as far as his roles go. He’s the husband and father of the bride. As for the bridge, Kaitlynn ...

• Parrish is portrayed by Heather McAdam. She was all puff and no substance. Her reactions weren’t true and she just looked like a little girl pouting most of the time.

Merle Kennedy plays a fan of the famous bride. Her Suzy Richards is basically a party crasher. It felt a little off to me, though. She was tolerable, but only average at

best.

On the other hand, Linda Blair’s portrayal as a friend of the bride, Hannah Hawkes, was much more intriguing, as was Michael McGrady as security guard, Dave Tynan. He held a lot of fascination for some reason.

Overall, this is just an okay entry for the Perry Mason movies. The actors had a lot of potential, but it just didn’t quite cut the mustard for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 116041050040730/k2311a046/4.6.10