Vigilante Force movie  » Movies  »
  • I'm not a fan, but I have to admit that she does a good job of sounding very bad as a singer when she actually is a decent singer and performed for years on Broadway
  • It was never a favorite, but it was more watchable when I was younger

• by Orrymain

Vigilante Force is a movie from 1976 that featured Jan-Michael Vincent and Kris Kristofferson. It opens with sex and violence, two huge turn offs for me. I’ve seen it in passing a couple of times, when I was more into Kristofferson in his post-A Star is Born days.

It lacked charm then, and it still does. It was just easier to sit through back when I cared more about the performers.

Bernadette Peters is in this movie, too. I’m not a fan, but I have to admit that she does a good job of sounding very bad as a singer when she actually is a decent singer and performed for years on Broadway. It’s not always easy to sound bad when you’re not, so kudos to her for pulling that off.

The long and short of the story is that good brother Vincent convinces bad brother ...

• Vigilante Force movie
      Kristofferson to help clean up a rotten little town. Kristofferson does as requested, only then he sees opportunity staring him in the eyes, and he takes advantage, making things no better, and maybe worse than before. Now good brother has to take out bad brother to really get
      the job done.

There is star power in this movie, including Victoria Principal, David Doyle, Andrew Stevens, Paul Gleason, and Judson Pratt. Maybe I’m too old to appreciate this movie. It was never a favorite, but it was more watchable when I was younger. Now it just all seems gratuitous.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 116041049960730/k2311a046/4.6.10