Dairy Queen Corn Dogs  » Food  »
  • I don't like turkey or chicken hot dogs, and when I eat a corn dog, I want it to be a beef wiener
  • Every now and then, they are over cooked, but more often than not, I love the corn dogs I order here
  • The state fair is still the best place to get a corn dog, but Dairy Queen is the next best thing, and it's more convenient, too

• by Orrymain

Since I was a kid, I loved corn dogs. They were a favorite taste and a different way of eating hot dogs, only they never have felt like hot dogs to me. I remember eating that at the state fair. That’s where they were the best. They were one of my very favorite treats.

For a long time, I

would get them at Der Weinerschnitzel, but they eventually lost their luster, especially when they went to the turkey dog option. I don’t like turkey or chicken hot dogs, and when I eat a corn dog, I want it to be a beef wiener.

That’s why I tested out corn dogs at Dairy Queen. These are beef hot dogs, and the ...

• batter is perfect. Every now and then, they are over cooked, but more often than not, I love the corn dogs I order here.

The wrong batter around the hot dog can destroy the corn dog, but Dairy Queen does it right. The blend compliments the frank perfectly.

The price is a tad higher than I’d like to pay. I usually

get three, and where I live, that’s $3.87 at the moment, plus tax. However, they are always hot and fresh, and they delight my taste buds. I can’t get that taste with any store-bought, frozen corn dog, either.

The state fair is still the best place to get a corn dog, but Dairy Queen is the next best thing, and it’s more convenient, too.

Jared says :

This was some really good corn dog insight. I never thought I’d be so transfixed reading an article about fried wieners. I hope you’ve gone to bigger and better things, like becoming a professional corn dog appraiser. Thank you for your wise, wise words.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276041049930730/k2311a046/4.6.10