High School Musical 3: Senior Year movie
  • The last half-hour, though, was the best and had me right there with the high school graduates
  • Well, it's really a rip off in my opinion

• by Orrymain

The Disney trilogy concludes with High School Musical 3: Senior Year, directed by the fabulous Kenny Ortega. There are songs galore and the typical high school angst of where to go to college and dealing with potential farewells of forever. This was the only one of the three movies to be a theatrical release, the first two having been Disney Channel specials. Nothing changed, though. The actors were the same and the story continued on without alteration.

Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens play

the lovebirds, Troy and Gabriella. They have pretty good singing voices and the look their parts.

I wasn’t as fond of the finale as I was the first two. It actually felt for a bit like it went from song to song, and I didn’t feel any cohesion. The last half-hour, though, was the best and had me right there with the high school graduates. I loved that they came up with a way to keep the young couple together, while allowing each ...

• to fulfill their dreams. It works well. The twist about who gets into Julliard was great, though I figured that out before it happened.

I groaned at the ending credits where right at the end they included the winner of a reality show that aired on TV for several weeks. It was a mixture of a talent show and an acting school and the winner was to be in the movie. I remember at the time I wasn’t sure how that could be

possible because the movie was shooting and practically done, so how was this person going to be inserted? Well, it’s really a rip off in my opinion. He does get center stage, with the other reality contestants behind him, in a sort of music video. He’s credited and he’s the last thing you see, assuming you stayed to watch the credits. I smell foul.

So, I’m glad I finally saw this, and it’s good musical theater for young adults. Ortega did a good job.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 116041049840730/k2311a046/4.6.10