Revision And Self-Editing (Write Great Fiction) by James Scott Bell
2.5
  • One book in my writing collection, I bought it from Barnes and Noble on a vacation to see my sister
  • After reading the back I thought it was what I was looking for

• by squishlette

One book in my writing collection, I bought it from Barnes and Noble on a vacation to see my sister. I was browsing through their reference section and came across it.

After reading the back I thought it was what I was looking for.

I have to say I was disappointed.

Instead of a book about

do and don’ts, revision tips and checks, all I got was a basic fiction writing primer.

Now if that is what you are looking for, that’s great.

But there are so many books that are better for that.

This one sounds like it was copy and pasted from Writers Digest! There was one chapter at ...

• the end that was actually helpful, where the author gets into the revision process.

I guess I am just really bothered that I spent the money for this book and was so obviously duped.

I didn’t keep this book; it actually went out with my first bunch of donation books.

But to be fair, I

already own enough primer books.

Someone who needs a primer book, could probably benedit from this one.

Personally, I don’t think its that good, but if you need to start somewhere you can start with this book, because the information is useful.

I will have to keep hunting for the book I’m really looking for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 175041049360730/k2311a045/4.5.10