20 Master Plots and How to Build Them by Ronald Tobias
2.5
  • That is one thing I really look for when buying a book, is if it contains worksheets and things that I can use for my own writing

• by squishlette

I am collecting writing books. I have been a writer for the past twenty years of my life.

I have notebooks full of stories.

And I have found that one of the most difficult things when writing a story is the master plot.

This

book gives you twenty plots that have already been done and that worked.

Granted, you can’t use any of these plots but you can tweak them into the perfect plot for you.

It’s a lot of cliché information, and really you could get the same information from researching, but if you want something at your fingers at all times, this is a good book for that.

But keep in mind that these are not the only plots you can work from, this is just a collection that a ...

• 20 Master Plots and How to Build Them by Ronald Tobias
      person just like you or me came up with to help other writers.

If you have your own ideas that have never been done before, more power to you! What makes the book really worth it for me is the checklist at the end

of each plot.

I love checklists.

And these checklists show you what works and what situations can arise for your characters.

That is one thing I really look for when buying a book, is if it contains worksheets and things that I can use for my own writing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 175041049350730/k2311a045/4.5.10