Wrigley’s React 5 Sugar Free Gum
  • And, I like gums that come in a package so that the pieces don’t fall out everywhere when I start using it
  • On the label it promises me a unique mint flavor experience
  • The grey color actually changed to black when I started chewing it, which I found funny
  • But, as I enjoy the flavor and packaging of this kind of gum, I might just stock up on it so long as it remains at this incredible price

• by Scarlet Hughes

I got this at Walgreens for the sale price of . 99cents. That’s a bargain because normally this type of gum with its fancy packaging is over 1. 50.

I always prefer gums that have wrappers so that I can place my gum in them when I’m done. And, I like gums that come in a package so that the pieces don’t fall out everywhere when I start using it. This kind of gum is packaged in a slim box, almost like cigarettes.

Anyway,

I find that because of this fact it travels well when I’m out and about. On the label it promises me a unique mint flavor experience. With so many mint gums out there I don’t know how that could possibly be true.

When I opened it both the inside of the box and the wrapping on the sticks of gum were a black foil. Ooh, fancy. And the gum inside- grey, surprisingly.

The gum was soft, the taste minty with maybe just ...

• a bit of a bite to it. The grey color actually changed to black when I started chewing it, which I found funny. It made me think some goth chick is going to discover this fact and from then on refuse to chew any other kind of gum.

Maybe the black color is what they meant by a unique experience. I’ve certainly never seen black gum before. Maybe people seeing me chewing it will think my teeth are whiter by comparison.

All

kidding aside, the flavor does seem to last. I chewed it for over twenty minutes and the flavor was only diminished by about half as when I started. The mint flavor is pleasant but typical.

I don’t really need these fancy gimmicks, bells and whistles or promises of unique experiences when I buy gum. But, as I enjoy the flavor and packaging of this kind of gum, I might just stock up on it so long as it remains at this incredible price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 275041049270730/k2311a045/4.5.10