Happy Harvest Kidney Beans
2.5
  • Unfortunately, the kidney beans happened to be one of those exceptions
  • And, I thought that would be the case this time around

• by Review Vigilante

A few days ago, I decided to make chili. One of the ingredients I needed was kidney beans so I used a couple cans from the brand Happy Harvest.

I have purchased other items from this brand in the past and, with few exceptions, I have been very happy with the quality I received; especially since the brand is more affordable

than other brands.

Unfortunately, the kidney beans happened to be one of those exceptions.

Normally, when I make chili, I make sure the different ingredients are in proportional amounts so, when you’re eating them, you don’t notice them.

And, I thought that would be the case this time around.

However, the kidney beans really stood out this time and I don’t ...

• mean that in a good way.

I thought this over long and hard and I am confident I made my chili the same way I always do, down to the normal cooking time.

Yet, the Happy Harvest beans just did not seem to get cooked.

They were almost raw when eating them.

I don’t know if that was the intention of

the company or not.

But, it was actually a bit disgusting because it added an unwanted dry taste to my chili.

This was the case even after warming the chili up a couple times; showing a longer cook time wouldn’t have made a difference.

And, it pretty much ruined what should have been a good dinner.

That is the last time I purchase kidney beans from this brand.

Happy Harvest Kidney Beans

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 275041049150730/k2311a045/4.5.10