Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 Movie  » Movies  »
2.0
  • Unfortunately, the second movie didn’t even come close to being as good as the first
  • Too bad too because I think that would have been a great story if it had been a bigger part of the plot
  • Quite honestly, I found myself getting bored with this movie pretty fast

• by Review Vigilante

I couldn’t wait until the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie came out on DVD. Everyone in my family loved the first one and, even though I figured it might not be as good as the original, I was still looking forward to seeing the sequel.

Unfortunately, the second movie didn’t even

come close to being as good as the first.

I’m not sure what they were thinking when they decided to send the chipmunks to high school.

After all, they didn’t even go through grade school (not to mention they are rodents).

But, that part of the movie really detracted from the real ...

• story, them meeting the Chipettes for the first time and being rivals.

Too bad too because I think that would have been a great story if it had been a bigger part of the plot.

I also have to question the decision to not have the Chipmunks sing all that much.

Part

of the reason I loved the first movie was all the great musical performances.

They only had one or two “good” performances and then a handful of half hearted ones where they started a song but didn’t finish it.

Quite honestly, I found myself getting bored with this movie pretty fast.

So, I cannot recommend it to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 115041049080730/k2311a045/4.5.10