Makutu’s Island in Chandler, AZ.  » Entertainment  »
1.5
  • When I first walked in I thought this was going to be a real neat experience for my children
  • Many times we noticed children on certain climbing choices to be under the age or height requirements

• by luv2rite

I went for the first time with my children’s school group to Makutu’s Island about 2 years ago. When I first walked in I thought this was going to be a real neat experience for my children. It is well decorated and has lots of neat things to climb on and climb through. It appeared to be very kid friendly. What started out to be great thoughts quickly turned into negative ones. The wait time in order to get in was totally

unacceptable. We waited in line for 45 minutes and there was absolutely no reason for this. Again it had to do with the staff not being properly trained or ready to handle the process of checking people in. Each person attending had to be verified with their children. They received special wrist bands according to the parent and the child which had to be generated form a machine the employee operated. Problems were occuring with the wrist bands not being printed the ...

• way they should of been. The staff members operating these machines could not locate any help from management for long periods of time. Everyone standing in the lines were getting frustrated with this process. When we finally were able to get inside, it was absolutely packed with people. Many times kids ran into us as they were running throughout the building and not being watched by parents or staff members. Many times we noticed children on certain climbing choices to be under
        the age or height requirements. This caused the climbers to have to stop in their tracks as they waited for someone to remove the child in front of them.

I was very unhappy with the way this establishment is operated as were many other people. I left with my children early and many we knew also left early. They all had the same complaints we had.

We have not returned to Makutu’s Island and have no intentions of doing so in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 595041048880730/k2311a045/4.5.10