Frigidaire Clothes Washer- Model # LTF2940E  » Electronics  »
  • Since I have owned it I have noticed it does a good job at washing clothes however, does not perform as I would think it would when washing clothes that are soiled more than normal
  • I would recommend that anyone using this washer only use a low-sudsing detergent for best results
  • I did read when trying to figure out this problem, that many consumers experience this issue with the front loading machines
  • I have done this and noticed it helped somewhat but did not eliminate the odors

• by luv2rite

I purchased this clothes washer from Lowe’s about 3 years ago. This is a front-loading machine. I never had a front-loader before this one. I made the purchase of this machine because of wanting only a front-loading machine. The price for the unit was reasonable and the information I received from the sales representative was good.

I would think it would when washing clothes that are soiled more than normal. It seems to be efficient with both water and energy. It is very quiet when in use. You can barely tell the washer is even on. I would recommend that anyone using this washer only use a low-sudsing detergent for best results. I have noticed when using any other type of detergent that the clothes do not come out as clean and tend ...

• to have a small amount of the detergent remaining in the clothes. I have had difficulty with the washer smelly musty and having a mildew smell. I did read when trying to figure out this problem, that many consumers experience this issue with the front loading machines. I purchased a solution for smelly washers and have used it monthly in this unit. I have noticed some decrease in the level of smell but it still remain.

I

also heard if you keep the door cracked open between washes that this will help with this odor. I have done this and noticed it helped somewhat but did not eliminate the odors.

I would probably purchase this washer again if in the market for a front-loading machine, however since I have learned about the defects that have not yet been worked out with front-loading machines, I would likely purchase a top loader until these bugs are worked out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 165041048850730/k2311a045/4.5.10