Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Defining Creme for fine curls  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • As a pre-procedure styling cream, I like that it prevents my wet hair from bloating, as well as drying to a tangled nest by its own
  • I tried what was prescribed and never noticed any drastic improvements but it was comparably better than the previous styling attempt
  • I believe this is retailed for 25 dollars which could be worse for me if I had actually paid for this
  • I cannot guarantee that this works based primarily in my opinion, I can only surmise that it is preferable for people with natural and fine, not thick, curls

• by jhunie

I got tired of straight hair because I’ve been living with it all my life. Becoming a curly head was a cool change. Even so, I am still a newbie at styling my curls. I recently swapped all my hair straightening products online to make way for a new set of curl-enhancing things that were apt for my hair. I had to give away my Kerastase Nutri Sculpt which served me well in exchange for Bumble & Bumble’s Curl Conscious Defining Creme. I’m just starting to orient myself with the different kinds of products I can use insatiably to maintain my hair and yet I feel like I’m already accumulating too much stuff in my room. This cream is one of the many spanking hair creams/wax I’ve got lying in my dresser at the moment. I can’t help but make a comparison between L’Oreal’s Creamy Smooth and this particular brand because they are practically similar in a lot of ways, though I have to claim

that oly one is undisputedly better than the other.

As a pre-procedure styling cream, I like that it prevents my wet hair from bloating, as well as drying to a tangled nest by its own. The cream sort of calms down my damp curls without getting tied into knots. It’s the same smoothing effect that can be found with L’Oreal’s Creamy Smooth. Before blow drying, I deliberately distribute the cream on each tendrils from the body down to the ends while twisting them with my index finger like a vine. I mechanically shape the curls instead of just massaging it on strands so the molded shape is defined upon warming with a drier. The cream is easy to work with in that regard.

While in the process of heating each tendrils, my curls were becoming bushier, thicker and voluminous. I had anticipated the curly finish to add fullness to my hair but it was hideous. My curls were twice the size with unsorted curly strands, I was hoping ...

• to achieve a softer touch with volume and waves though the outcome made me think of a telephone cord or noodles that had been overboiled. I must say it was a poetic look and it truly made my curls natural, as if I was born with it. Then I might as well skip all the hair grooming practices, conditioning, shampoo and hair masques. No, rather it appeared as though I totally had not done all of those or threw them off the window and decided to grow my hair into a shabby nest.

I stifled a disappointing laugh. The corporate instructions on the product implied that it can be used merely as leave-in cream without rough drying. I tried what was prescribed and never noticed any drastic improvements but it was comparably better than the previous styling attempt. To my dislike, the cream settled to a greasy look on my hair after a while. I figured I probably haven’t read carefully before swapping with this product because it seems

it’s not suitable for my thick hair as opposed to the product labeled - for fine hair as described. Out of my frustration, I simply handed it to my friend who’s naturally bestowed with curly hair. And she confessed to have liked the product better than myself. Indeed, I can really see that it worked on her fine curly hair.

The cream has a milky white consistency and feels slightly oil-based than a lightweight mousse. I like the freshness of its cucumber scent. After all, I realized it’s not worth lamenting about since I only got this for free. I believe this is retailed for 25 dollars which could be worse for me if I had actually paid for this. I cannot guarantee that this works based primarily in my opinion, I can only surmise that it is preferable for people with natural and fine, not thick, curls. This scores a 4 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315041048730630/k2311a045/4.5.10