Kraft Bagel-fulls Original Flavor  » Food  »
  • I love bagels, but I associate them with lazy mornings
  • I am a purist when it comes to bagels, so I prefer the original with just plain cream cheese
  • I don't like that, plus they keep better if left frozen
  • Now, there is one incidental problem with this food

• by Scarlet Hughes

I am not a morning person. In addition to that I am not very coordinated in the morning. So, if I’m getting up earlier than I would like I benefit from a nutritious breakfast food that I can prepare quickly and easily and hold in my hand while getting ready for my day.

I love bagels, but I associate them with lazy mornings. I am not coordinated on work days to go through the whole ritual of slicing, toasting and spreading the cream cheese on. It sounds pathetic, but it’s just how I am. This product is not a bagel really, but

it’s bagel like enough for me. I am a purist when it comes to bagels, so I prefer the original with just plain cream cheese.

They give you three options for enjoying this food. I like having options. You can toast them in a wide slot toaster, which I tried once and found that although the outside, the bagel, got a nice crispiness the filling was too cold inside for my liking. You can also thaw them in the fridge, but then the bagel and the filling are cold. I don’t like that, plus they keep better if left frozen. I prefer ...

• the third option of microwaving them. The bagel gets warm and soft and the cream cheese filling gets warm, like it would if I had spread it on a freshly toasted bagel.

Now, there is one incidental problem with this food. In general it is not as messy as other breakfast foods such as toaster pastries which leave my hands greasy. This makes it possible for me to walk around as I eat it and get ready at the same time. However, the filling runs from end to end so if I bite too hard into one the filling shoots out the

other end and could wind up on my shirt, my skirt or even the floor without me noticing. When I first started buying these, I would actually find little blobs of cream cheese around the house hours later. Cream cheese is really hard to remove if smeared into carpet, I have discovered. But, I am more careful about how I eat these now, and it almost never happens anymore.

I keep the freezer stocked with these now. The fact that they’re tasty, easy to prepare and have a satisfying combo of carbs and protein make them my go to food for hectic early mornings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274041048130830/k2311a044/4.4.10