Bose Companion 3 series 2 speaker system
  • I bought and returned many computer speakers before I found a winner and let me say the bose system is definatly a winner
  • These are considered laptop speakers by bose ,but I would consider them low end home theater speakers
  • I guess by now you have figured out I like my music,games and movies very loud and need a system that provides me with this sound level and quality sound
  • I think these would be perfect for a dorm room,small apartment or any other application of that nature
  • Hope you enjoyed and found usefull information in my review

• by Unretarded

I am here today to review the Bose companion 3 series 2 speaker system .

I will start out by saying I looked for along time to find a good sounding system so I did not have to use my stereo equiptment hooked to my computer for loud ,quality sound.

I bought and returned many computer speakers before I found a winner and let me say the bose system is definatly a winner.

I listen to music,play games and watch movies on my computer ,it is basically my entire entertainment center.

That is a little about my uses for this system now lets move on to the system itself.It is basically a plug and play system that uses a 1/8th inch jack to connect to whatever you want,computer,Ipod etc.

The software that comes with it is very user friendly and quite substantual,covering just about any aspect you could need.It has a built in equalizer ,software based and all the fancy sound adjustments you could want.

The unit itself has 2 speakers and a remote subwoofer with a volume control on the sub for sub levels and a nifty little pod for adjusting the volume that can be located on

your desktop for easy access.The pod has 2 1/8th inch jack connections,1 for headphones and one for other devices ,such as a Ipod or any other auxillary device that has a output jack.

The satellite speakers are very attractive with 2 small pods in classic bose styling on nice metal stands and are quality built to be tuff and attractive.The sub is a nice size and also very attractive,the sub is powered so you a outlet to plug it in to.

Now the most important part of any speaker system…..the sound!

Let me tell you this set of speakers rocks ,it is capable of very loud clear music reproduction and will fill a entire living room with sound and comes close to the much more exspensive home theater systems in sound output. These are considered laptop speakers by bose ,but I would consider them low end home theater speakers.

This 2.1 system has stood the abuse of full volume music for hours at a time and very loud gaming sessions that have destroyed other speakers that I have owned,those will be mentioned in other reviews that I do and performed beautifully for long movies at very loud ...

• volumes.

I guess by now you have figured out I like my music,games and movies very loud and need a system that provides me with this sound level and quality sound.

This system is a little more expensive that others ,but not completely out of line with other high end computer speakers,it also is not the most expensive either.

With a price of about $250.00 give or take depending on where you buy them,I purchased my set at FRYS electronics and am happy with price considering the product I recieved and the quality of that product.

I would highly recomend these speakers for anyone who likes loud music ,quality sound and a durable product.I think these would be perfect for a dorm room,small apartment or any other application of that nature……I hardly turn my home stereo on anymore because I have all I need with these speakers.

I rate these at a 10 in looks.

I rate them at a 10 in sound,based on all other computer speakers.

I rate them a 9 in value,everything in the world could be cheaper in my opinion.

I rate them a 10 in durability,I admit I have abused them

and they still perform like the day I bought them.

I would recomend these speakers to anyone without hesitation,don`t let the price scare you ,it`s worth every penny.

I have had many compliments on how nice they sound and I feel the same about them as the day I bought them…..over a year and a half ago these were purchased and I very seldom feel happy that long after a purchase and they have held thier value,they sell for about the same price as a 2 years ago…..most lower quality speakers start out high priced and soon the price drops dramatically over a short period,these have not droped in price.

Overall I highly recomend these,you will not be dissappointed in them. If you need more than these can offer ,you will only find that in a high end home stereo system costing 10 times what these cost.

These are on par with the more expensive bose home theater systems costing 3 times as much.

I am happy and would buy them again.

Hope this helps anyone who is in the markett for such a system make a smart informed decision.

Hope you enjoyed and found usefull information in my review.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 164041047960730/k2311a044/4.4.10