Morning Star Garden Veggie Patties  » Food  »
  • When I first became a vegetarian I was slightly unsure as to what I really wanted to be eating, but I was recommended Morning Star products by various of my friends so I decided to try them out, and they turned out to work quite nicely for me actually
  • The patties by themselves don’t have the best taste, although you probably shouldn’t just be eating a patty by itself in the first place anyway
  • I can’t remember the protein amount of these burgers right off hand but I believe it’s a pretty fair amount so it’s nothing to be overly worried about if you’re concerned about not getting enough protein by eating these if you were planning on becoming vegetarian
  • Although Boca is $3.99 usually while Morning Star would have to be on sale to cost $3.99, I find that while Boca is an average brand, Morning Star is certainly better
  • For anyone who is considering becoming a vegetarian who currently eats meat and enjoys things like hamburgers, I have to say that the taste of these Morning Star patties obviously isn’t exactly like a hamburger which you’re used to, but at the same time it isn’t so far off that it just tastes horrible – I’d recommend at least giving them a try as that’s what I did and it definitely worked for me

• by Grimmy101

When I first became a vegetarian I was slightly unsure as to what I really wanted to be eating, but I was recommended Morning Star products by various of my friends so I decided to try them out, and they turned out to work quite nicely for me actually. I figured that a pretty easy transition out of meat and into vegetarian products would be starting out with a type of food which is similar to what I used to eat but no longer with meat, and that food was veggie patties. I went to Safeway to purchase a few boxes of Morning Star veggie patties and ended up getting the garden veggie patties. I’ve realized now that they have a lot more flavors, which are actually quite better, but this is what I started out with and actually stuck with for quite a while. Now that I’m reviewing this food after trying the other flavors my review is slightly biased and skewed but I’ll try to be as objective as I can.

I’d say that for a person who is generally used to hamburgers, these particularly veggie patties really don’t taste that bad and they certainly aren’t a horrible substitute by any means.

The patties by themselves don’t have the best taste, although you probably shouldn’t just be eating a patty by itself in the first place anyway. However, if you add certain condiments that you like such as ketchup, mustard, ranch, barbeque sauce, or whatever you prefer then the taste is much better. I personally usually just eat these patties with some rich and a slice of cheese in between a Kaiser roll and I personally think it tastes great, it doesn’t really make me miss real hamburgers at all and I don’t have a strong desire to go back to eating meat, Morning Star has been able to do a fine job at keeping good taste while avoiding meat products.

Also, for those of you concerned about protein intake. I can’t remember the protein amount of these burgers right off hand but I believe it’s a pretty fair amount so it’s nothing to be overly worried about if you’re concerned about not getting enough protein by eating these if you were planning on becoming vegetarian. But I also don’t mean to say that you have to be a vegetarian to eat these burgers. Well to be honest, if I wasn’t a vegetarian I probably wouldn’t continue to eat these patties but that doesn’t mean that you would have to do the same.

Even if I did eat meat, these burgers really don’t have that bad of a taste where I couldn’t stand eating them and they’re also very easy to prepare with a pretty reasonable price, don’t be under the impression that this review is strictly for vegetarians or curious people who are considering vegetarianism. However, as I said above, these normal veggie patties were the first flavor of Morning Star patties that I tried. Now that I’ve tried several other kinds, including the Asian Veggie Patties, Grillers Prime Veggie Patties, and Soy And Black Beans Veggie Patties, I can easily say that these normal garden veggie patties are certainly my least favorite. It isn’t so much that the patty itself isn’t very good or anything but it’s just that the flavor is sort of lacking with these patties.

I said that if you were to eat one of these patties by themselves, for whatever reason, then there wouldn’t be all that much taste. However, if you were to eat one of the other patties that I just mentioned, you’d get a lot more taste ...

• Morning Star Garden Veggie Patties
      from them. The garden veggie patties aren’t bad but compared to other patties which Morning Star makes, it certainly isn’t their best patty or at least it isn’t my favorite. Nevertheless, I still enjoy these patties but I don’t have them as often as I used to since I now primarily eat the grillers prime patty or the soy and black bean patty as these both just have a lot more taste than simply the garden veggie patties which basically require you to put condiments on, although obviously not necessarily.

Overall, the patty doesn’t taste bad by any means, but I feel like Morning Star certainly has other products which are better than this patty. The final thing I want to talk about is the price for these patties. At Safeway, where I typically get them they’re usually about $4. 99 for a box of four, although they’ll often be on sale for $3.

99 for this same box. I’d say that the value is average at best to be honest, it does strike me slightly on the higher side of things but I still do pay it. Safeway also sells another vegetarian patty brand, Boca, which is usually $3. 99 for a

box of four but I personally find Morning Star to taste better.

Although Boca is $3. 99 usually while Morning Star would have to be on sale to cost $3. 99, I find that while Boca is an average brand, Morning Star is certainly better. Also, the various flavors which Boca offer don’t really appeal to me nearly as much as the various flavors which Morning Star offers.

Although I do find the price to be slightly expensive, I’d say that I don’t mind paying it as the taste of these patties is quite good and I still enjoy them even after having been eating them for a quite a while. Obviously they’re very simple to prepare, you just microwave them, so they make for a good meal which is obviously very simple to fix and put together. For anyone who is considering becoming a vegetarian who currently eats meat and enjoys things like hamburgers, I have to say that the taste of these Morning Star patties obviously isn’t exactly like a hamburger which you’re used to, but at the same time it isn’t so far off that it just tastes horrible – I’d recommend at least giving them a try as that’s what I did and it definitely worked for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274041047900730/k2311a044/4.4.10