Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace  » Movies  »
  • I’m aware that many fans weren’t very supportive of this original film and I have to agree
  • I think that’s a huge flaw in the way that Lucas released the films in that by releasing 4-6 first, he set up sort of a criteria as what would fit in the films which limits him as to what he could put in episodes 1-3

• by Grimmy101

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace doesn’t exactly strike me as the movie that fans really expected Lucas to make following the original three films. The way that Lucas released his movies makes it slightly hard to connect them all, assuming Episode 2 and 3 are currently missing, because we currently have episodes 4, 5, 6, and then 1 but the gap of 2 and

3 in between.

I’m aware that many fans weren’t very supportive of this original film and I have to agree.

The story of the film itself isn’t terrible but some of the characters, most notably Jar-Jar Binks makes me honestly question the film.

In fact, most of the scenes with the Gungans may have been pretty visually stimulating but they seem so out of place with ...

• the Star Wars story.

I think that’s a huge flaw in the way that Lucas released the films in that by releasing 4-6 first, he set up sort of a criteria as what would fit in the films which limits him as to what he could put in episodes 1-3.

I have to say that although episode one easily has better visual aspects to it than

the original trilogy, as far as the overall story it simply doesn’t compare.

Even from episodes 1-3, episode 1 would easily be the worst or at least my least favorite out of those three.

The cast itself was pretty good, even the boy playing Anakin wasn’t bad at all, but the story seems to really let all of the good things about this movie really just fall apart.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114041047780730/k2311a044/4.4.10