Metallica - Cyanide (Song)
  • I have to admit that Cyanide is one track from Death Magnetic which I’ve had quite an interesting relationship with
  • When I heard the song performed live I admit that I thought it was excellent and it actually reminded me quite a bit of And Justice For All due to the structure changes and shifts throughout the song
  • I’ll admit that was the only major flaw I found with the track but when it affects the majority of the song, it’s a pretty big deal
  • The main thing I will stress about Cyanide is that although it isn’t one of the best songs off Death Magnetic, or my favorite, it’s still a very solid track and goes through quite a lot of changes musically so it might take a few listens to really get used to, but it’s solid work

• by grimmy101

I have to admit that Cyanide is one track from Death Magnetic which I’ve had quite an interesting relationship with. For those of you who followed Metallica the summer before Death Magnetic was released, you’ll know that they performed this track at Ozzfest live and this was the first taste of Death Magnetic which fans would get.

actually reminded me quite a bit of And Justice For All due to the structure changes and shifts throughout the song.

Then a few months later Metallica actually released the studio version and I have to admit that I really didn’t like it.

I thought Hetfield’s voice sounded extremely edited on this track, and I do still believe that about this song, and it was clear that he couldn’t match that live (as I’d ...

• already heard what he could do with this song live).

I’ll admit that was the only major flaw I found with the track but when it affects the majority of the song, it’s a pretty big deal.

However, now I’ve gotten over the obviously over-edited voice of Hetfield and I can appreciate at least the writing and performance of the track.

The lyrics to Cyanide deal with suicide and wanting to bring on death

faster, quite a dark theme for Hetfield to be writing about, but he does a good job with it nonetheless.

The main thing I will stress about Cyanide is that although it isn’t one of the best songs off Death Magnetic, or my favorite, it’s still a very solid track and goes through quite a lot of changes musically so it might take a few listens to really get used to, but it’s solid work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 144041047610130/k2311a044/4.4.10