ThirtyTwo Lashed Snowboard boots
  • I have owned the Thirty Two Lashed snowboard boots for 2 years I paid £160 for them which was slightly more than I intended to spend
  • The most important thing with snowboard boots is the fit unfortunately it's not a case of picking out the coolest looking boot and buying it you might look great but badly fitting boots will cause you pain if they are too small or lack of control and possible injury if they are too loose
  • I took around 2 hours to buy these boots I finally decided on the Thirty Twos after trying on most of the boots in the shop and these were the best fitting for me luckily they also look pretty good as well which is a bonus
  • This is down to personal preference but I prefer to be able to tie my boots at different tension across certain parts of my foot and lace up boots allow me to do this
  • I would happily recommend these boots to anyone looking for a decent pair of board boots

• by essjaydee

I have owned the Thirty Two Lashed snowboard boots for 2 years I paid £160 for them which was slightly more than I intended to spend.

The most important thing with snowboard boots is the fit unfortunately it’s not a case of picking out the coolest looking boot and buying it you might look great but badly fitting boots will cause you pain if they are too small or lack of control and possible injury if they are too loose.

I took around 2 hours to buy these boots I finally decided on the Thirty Twos after trying on most of the boots in the shop and these were the best fitting for me luckily they also look pretty good as well which is a bonus.

These boots have a removeable liner which is heat mouldable which means the boot liners will

mould to the shape of your foot which should give you the best possible fit. Most shops will heat mould your liners for free if they don’t or if you bought your boots online a hair drier works quite well if you use it to heat the liner and then put the boots on and walk around in them for a bit.

One thing I really like about these boots is that they are standard lace up rather than Boa or speed fastening systems that seem to be on a lot of board boots these days. This is down to personal preference but I prefer to be able to tie my boots at different tension across certain parts of my foot and lace up boots allow me to do this. The Boa systems are good but the tension is the same across ...

• all parts of the boot and although I have friends who love this system it doesn’t seem to work for me personally.

The boots look great they are made from synthetic leather material which seems to have stood up quite well in the time I have owned them. The sole on the boots is starting to wear down a little in some parts and some of the stitching on the boots has started to fray but they are still useable and will probably survive at least another summer season on dry slopes before I need to replace them.

These boots were a little stiffer flexing than I expected them to be when first I bought them. They were rated as a medium flex but after my previous boots I found them to be quite stiff maybe this was because my old boots were

pretty wrecked. The Thirty Twos took a few days use to break in and feel comfortable but after that they were fine.

Ater using these boots for around a year I found the boots were becoming slightly too loose and my foot could move too much within the boot. I didn’t want to replace the boots as I liked them and they were still in good condition so a trip to the local board shop sorted me out with a pair of heat moulded insoles which solved the problem and one year on the boots are still in use and still fit perfectly.

I’ve now had these for 2 years which is quite good considering I ride all year at dryslopes or snowdomes with a few trips to the real snow in winter as well. I would happily recommend these boots to anyone looking for a decent pair of board boots.

Matt says :

Hi All, I love my ThirtyTwo Lashed boots, but mine had a manufacturing defect The stitching on one of the linings came around the top of the toes, thus making the whole lining longer. This caused pain in my toes. Before you buy ANY boot, be sure to get the lining out and look for quality before you get to the mountain. Enjoy, Matt

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 554041047471230/k2311a044/4.4.10